26 with 19 slide

NCShooter

Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
I have a 940sc built & 12 round magpul mags but no slide.
I searched the forum but couldn't find anything

Can anyone point me in the direction of or advise me on if a complete Gen3 19 (aftermarket) slide with Lone Wolf dust cover mate up to 940sc?

This is beyond my pay grade, but I seem to recall the problem with that is the positioning of the slide stop on the SC frame and the location of the corresponding cutout on the slide.

Maybe that's not it. But there was something in the combination that could be dangerous, causing the slide to come off. I can't remember exactly. But I recall someone who DID know saying something like that.

Yeah I thought the 26 being Gen 4, double recoil spring, a Gen 4 wouldn't fit
Something along those lines. Hopefully someone can educate me

Can anyone point me in the direction of or advise me on if a complete Gen3 19 (aftermarket) slide with Lone Wolf dust cover mate up to 940sc?

Yeah, you can do this, and it doesn't cause any issues. The dust cover is nice to give it a finished look, but it will work without it being in place. You use the spring that goes with the slide, not the double coil spring that is for the sub-compact.

And it will travel all the way back to engage the slide lock. Here, this is a Gen 3 G23 slide assembly (same length as a 19) on an 940SC frame, pulled all the way back to slide lock.

20240505_230421.jpg

The whole Gen 3 and Gen 4 thing doesn't matter as much when it comes to the sub-compact. Glock introduced the double recoil spring with the G26, G27, and G33 models. It was a solution to getting enough recoil spring into such a short slide.

They later introduced it into all their pistols and marketing came up with the "Gen 4" moniker. We tend to use the Gen 3 and Gen 4 nomenclature to say whether the slide has the double spring or the single, which dictates the radius of the channel in the dust cover. But it is a moot point, as all the sub-compacts, be they Glock or Polymer 80, have to accept the larger diameter double spring. You can install any slide on a sub-compact frame, including the really long G17 slide. It may look goofy as all get out, but it will function.

In terms of reliability, I would go looking for a Gen 4 slide assembly with the double recoil spring. Your 940SC frame has the room for it, so you might as well take advantage of the larger spring. Yeah, Glock had to do that style spring to make the sub-compacts work, but the design also happens to make the longer slides behave in a more pleasant manner. (It's like adding progressive fork springs on a motorcycle... you get two spring rates to dampen out the motion.)

Last edited:
Sounds good. I won't be so selective when looking for a 19 slide then.
Thanks!

I seem to recall the problem with that is the positioning of the slide stop on the SC frame and the location of the corresponding cutout on the slide.
I've read something similar to that about a g19 slide on a g26 frame. I have no personal experience though.

Last edited:
I highly recommend that you do NOT use a Gen 5 G19 slide on a 940SC frame at all. The reason is that the front rails are right at the slide stop notches of the slide. This can allow the front of a Gen 5 G19 slide to come off the front rails.

Here are some photos to show you what I am talking about.

IMG_2574.jpeg
IMG_2575.jpeg
IMG_2576.jpeg
IMG_2704.jpg

I will have to see if I can find the short video I made showing how the front of a G19 slide can be lifted off of the front rails when racking the slide. I made the video years ago for the MGB for after someone called me a liar and stated that I didn't know what I was talking about.

The whole Gen 3 and Gen 4 thing doesn't matter as much when it comes to the sub-compact. Glock introduced the double recoil spring with the G26, G27, and G33 models. It was a solution to getting enough recoil spring into such a short slide.

They later introduced it into all their pistols and marketing came up with the "Gen 4" moniker. We tend to use the Gen 3 and Gen 4 nomenclature to say whether the slide has the double spring or the single, which dictates the radius of the channel in the dust cover. But it is a moot point, as all the sub-compacts, be they Glock or Polymer 80, have to accept the larger diameter double spring. You can install any slide on a sub-compact frame, including the really long G17 slide. It may look goofy as all get out, but it will function.

The boldface text is incorrect. You can't install a G17 slide on a G26 frame. Go look at a G17 barrel.
The locking lugs are not the same along with the length of the front locking block rails on the frame. However the rail length is not the bigger issue. A further big hiccup is the slide lock on a G17 is located further forward by approximately 1/4 inch to the business end of the frame/barrel.

You can install the G17 slide on a G26 frame, but it will not lock forward and go into battery when you rack the slide. You'll come up short and the slide will stick out the back of the frame due to the differences between the slide lock locations. The end result is the slide will get stuck on the frame and the back plate will need to be removed along with the inner parts of the slide to remove it from the frame.

There's not really a reason to try it, but if you doubt me and just want to fiddle like fiddlers do, go try it. For those that do, don't force the slide off and be sure you know how to remove the back plate easily and aren't one to struggle with removing back plates. Most folks in this forum can do this, but the casual lurker may not be proficient, particularly when the slide is stuck on your frame. You will need to rack the slide back and catch it with the slide stop lever to get to the edge of the firing pin sleeve and compress it inward to remove pressure and then remove the back plate. The main part of the inner slide you need to remove is the extractor and firing pin safety with the attached spring and then you can remove the slide.

Last edited:

Call me Del Shannon

I wonder
I wo wo wo wo wonder
Why
Why why why why why

Back