Anderson Manufacturing 80% lower jig question

Petey95

Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Good Evening Friends,

I recently picked up an Anderson Manufacturing 80% lower jig that I plan on using for at least 2 builds. However, I became concerned after doing some research which seemed to indicate it was ideal to drill from both sides, which became a problem when I examined the jig and realized that there were only holes on one side. My question to the good folks on this forum is, am I able to use this jig to drill straight through with the holes on one side or am I going to have to find a jig with holes on both sides for two-sided drilling? Holes aside, this jig seems of good quality and fits both my lowers, aside from also being inexpensive. I would really like to make it work, if at all possible, especially because spending hundreds on a comparatively better jig is not in the cards right now. Any input/advice/recommendations would be deeply and sincerely appreciated.

Cheers,
Petey

Last edited:
Hmmm?

I'm curious which Anderson jig you have?

I have a virgin jig here and never used and it has the fire control drill pin holes and safety pin holes on both left and ride side plates.

Hmmm?

I'm curious which Anderson jig you have?

I have a virgin jig here and never used and it has the fire control drill pin holes and safety pin holes on both left and ride side plates.
I believe I have the Gen 1 version. From what I can tell from the instructions that I've found, the Gen 1 version has the holes on one side and recommends drilling through while the Gen 2 version has the holes on two sides and recommends drilling on both sides. Unfortunately that is the version that seems to be sold out or unavailable basically everywhere. I'm amazed I was even able to find the one I did.

I believe I have the Gen 1 version. From what I can tell from the instructions that I've found, the Gen 1 version has the holes on one side and recommends drilling through while the Gen 2 version has the holes on two sides and recommends drilling on both sides. Unfortunately that is the version that seems to be sold out or unavailable basically everywhere. I'm amazed I was even able to find the one I did.
Aha. Okay.
I just looked it up. Indeed, there appears to be two versions and the first one may be the shorter stubby version. Mine is the longer version that goes all the way to the magwell and uses the pivot pin hole to secure the jig on the other end. This one: https://andersonmanufacturing.com/m...ts/A2_T342_16_80_PERCENT_JIG_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Sorry about that. I replied to your post because I wanted to clarify if you knew what your jig was and perhaps it maybe wasn't an Anderson unit and made by someone else. My bad.

I actually have two of these Gen 2 units and I've thought about listing one in the classifieds here, but never did it. Both have never been used other than opening the boxes and seeing if everything was there and test mounting it to a lower. I ended up buying a 5D Pro jig and a router because I ended up buying more than two lowers LOL.

Not trying to hit you up, but if you want one of these, I could let one of them go if you find that you needed it.

Aha. Okay.
I just looked it up. Indeed, there appears to be two versions and the first one may be the shorter stubby version. Mine is the longer version that goes all the way to the magwell and uses the pivot pin hole to secure the jig on the other end. This one: https://andersonmanufacturing.com/m...ts/A2_T342_16_80_PERCENT_JIG_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Sorry about that. I replied to your post because I wanted to clarify if you knew what your jig was and perhaps it maybe wasn't an Anderson unit and made by someone else. My bad.

I actually have two of these Gen 2 units and I've thought about listing one in the classifieds here, but never did it. Both have never been used other than opening the boxes and seeing if everything was there and test mounting it to a lower. I ended up buying a 5D Pro jig and a router because I ended up buying more than two lowers LOL.

Not trying to hit you up, but if you want one of these, I could let one of them go if you find that you needed it.
I would certainly appreciate that! If you've got one that you're willing to part with, I'm willing to take it off your hands.

Last edited:
Back