"Official" Thread Assorted Funny $hit

When you're going to make the caddy get your ball, and hope there's a ball washer on the next tee...

1711328814600.png

So yeah, my electric company has a thing called "Beat the Peak". They want you to not use electricity during high demand hours of the day. Well guess what? I can't do laundry or use the stove, or hot water for a shower when I'm at work. When I'm home is when I need to get these things done. And after sweating all day at work in the summer, I'll be damned if I'm going to turn the A/C off when I get home and need it the most.
How bout you make every MF that buys an electric car use solar and/or wind only to charge it so it doesn't stress the grid? They are all up if our faces about being green, so if they're going to talk the talk, let them walk the walk...

1711328881736.png

Without that computer to tell them how much change to give, they're screwed. Tell me again how Common Core math is better... And whoever made the sign doesn't know about punctuation...
When my kids were young, and we would go to the store, if they could figure the change back from a dollar before the cash register did, they could keep it... :) I am constantly confusing a clerk with "extra" money so I get no change or a higher bill back. (ie: bill is $15.28, I hand them a twenty, quarter and three pennies)

My biggest peeve is getting .98 back in change. :mad: I like to explain to the clerk that it is costing the store money in the time it takes for them to count out the change! :rolleyes: Plus I don't like change in my pockets... ;)

Don't let the head of the EPA see this, or they will put human charging stations next to their electrical
When my kids were young, and we would go to the store, if they could figure the change back from a dollar before the cash register did, they could keep it... :) I am constantly confusing a clerk with "extra" money so I get no change or a higher bill back. (ie: bill is $15.28, I hand them a twenty, quarter and three pennies)

My biggest peeve is getting .98 back in change. :mad: I like to explain to the clerk that it is costing the store money in the time it takes for them to count out the change! :rolleyes: Plus I don't like change in my pockets... ;)
Haha! That's a brilliant thing for kids.
I hate 98 cents too. And I likewise do the additional money, but your example is low hanging fruit. If they can't figure that one out, they will have a hard time tying their shoe laces.

My biggest peeves is electrical wires all coiled up, air hoses clustered in the shop and water hoses all tangled up. Mainly electrical cords. I've got several outlets and dropdowns in the shop. The ceiling coils with the spring are a PITA after a year or two. They have a mind of their own when they decide to reel in the hose properly and it doesn't matter if you buy the expensive or cheap one, they ALL seem to suck. So, I coil them up in a 3 foot tall circle and hang them on hooks each time I get through using them. As to the electrical cords, I still haven't figured out how to keep those suckers from getting tangled. It's like they have their own terrorist mindset to torture you every time you interact with them.

I am constantly confusing a clerk with "extra" money so I get no change or a higher bill back. (ie: bill is $15.28, I hand them a twenty, quarter and three pennies)
Been there, done that. It's sad. People can't do simple math.

Many years ago, with a bunch of school buddies, we stopped at a fast food joint. My total was $3.76. I gave her $4. But then my friend tossed a penny on the counter. Well that caused her brain to overload. She called the manager over, who ALSO couldn't figure it out. My friends were all yelling, "Give him a quarter!"

Take your change home and put it in a jar. When it gets full take it to your bank, and if they have an automatic change counter, like mine does, all the better. The remaining change goes back in the jar. Now you have a little gas money, or beer money. Works for me.

There more than a few degrees worth of Snap-On right there...

View attachment 18578
When I was in that line of work, most guys who had this kind of complex were challenged just changing air filters in a timely manner. One such idiot tried to use his leatheman multi-tool on most of his “work”, or he’d come by to borrow yours so he didn’t have to crack open his behemoth. Worthless.

Back