Ay-Tee-Eff Requests Funding for Pistol Brace Amnesty Registration Program

I wonder if this will have legal implications for the alphabet agency in terms of those who are disabled and sue under the banner of the Americans with Disabilities Act? Seems that it could be seen as discriminatory.

You are going to go thru all the crap to SBR a not very useful brace? What to save $200?

If you want to do all their crap you might as well get a real stock!

How many that don't pay attention to news, who bought a braced pistol, Hey lets go to the range and shoot that gun I bought 5 or 6 years ago. They will get turned by an AFT narco! Of course they could get a knock on thier door first.

You are going to go thru all the crap to SBR a not very useful brace? What to save $200?

If you want to do all their crap you might as well get a real stock!
This will be a boon to those who see it as a way to get a free SBR tax stamp. Then they can put whatever combination of stock, LOP, optic, etc. they want and not have to resort to consulting a "score card" to see if their combination of accessories makes them a felon.

SBR's have restrictions that ordinary firearms do not. If you want to take it across state lines, you have to file a form to ATF stating where you are going, how long the weapon will be there, and when it will be returned to the address of record. You also have to notify ATF when you move. If you move to a state where SBR's are forbidden, you have to arrange for safe keeping with an FFL if it is registered to an individual, or held by another trustee if registered to a trust. This paperwork has to be filed in advance, approved, and in your hand before the weapon is moved.

It going to be interesting if ATF decides to prosecute the unfortunate soul that bought a S&W 15-22 pistol and is oblivious to this rule change and misses the deadline for the amnesty.

How many that don't pay attention to news, who bought a braced pistol, Hey lets go to the range and shoot that gun I bought 5 or 6 years ago. They will get turned by an AFT narco! Of course they could get a knock on thier door first.
ATF has a history of approving things, and then changing their minds later and declaring it contraband. This needs a SCOTUS smack down.

Back