Video Colion Noir: Why I Don't Like The Glock 17

Yeah I hate when people ask me for my opinion on which gun to get. I tell everybody that asks me to go pick out 5-10 different guns they like and fondle them. See what fits your hand the best. Then go to a range where you can rent or borrow each of the ones you feel comfortable holding and shoot them. The best gun for you, is the one you're comfortable shooting.... Ive never been able to think of a better answer.

Then go to a range where you can rent or borrow each of the ones you feel comfortable holding and shoot them.
The problem is that a lot of ranges have gotten out of the rental business altogether. Or their rental gun selection is VERY limited. So, unless you have a friend with a lot of different guns to try... it's "hit or miss" - pun intended!

The best gun for you, is the one you're comfortable shooting.... Ive never been able to think of a better answer.
Yep!

Seconding @NavyVet83s comment

It isn't just what fits in your hands but also how you plan to use it. My brother is learning that he manages a heavier 9mm better (like a Canik Rival S) probably in part because of reduced recoil. For a 150 round range session he can hit pretty well if not great through out. Does that mean it is a better EDC gun for him compared to a Glock 43? Not necessarily if he can "draw" and hit a magazine of shots in center of mass and have a smaller footprint more comfortable to carry. Yea, at the pace new guns are released even if your range offers rentals good luck finding exactly what you want available.

Back