Diary of a Man Cave

Safe? Ammo storage locker?
On the list, eventually. Better benches. Maybe a wall pegboard thingy for tools. A TV.

It will be a "work in progress" for a while.

Last edited:
@racer Is that flag leaving enough space for your I love wall items.
I'll finally have a place to hang my "Crossing the Line" certificate!
crossing-the-line-shellback.jpg

I got a golden shellback hit both lines at the same time. That one u have is cool. I’d line to have one with just the meridian. Think only other one I’m missing is blue nose.
Did ya get one for passing through the ditch in Panama too ?
Yeah, Golden Shellback is quite rare! Very cool.

Never went through "the ditch." All Pacific stuff.

Looks comfortable
If you've never sat in a Herman Miller Aeron chair... don't do it. If you do, you will want one. I've had one at work for over 20 years.

If you've never sat in a Herman Miller Aeron chair... don't do it. If you do, you will want one. I've had one at work for over 20 years.
I second that, I buddy of mine pointed them out to me years ago and I bought one for work and one for home.

If someone is in the market for one, I highly advise looking at the used market. Not sure what they run now, but when I got mine new were $1000 and you could get used on eBay anywhere from $350 to $500 shipped depending on the features you wanted.

They are amazing chairs.

I second that, I buddy of mine pointed them out to me years ago and I bought one for work and one for home.

If someone is in the market for one, I highly advise looking at the used market. Not sure what they run now, but when I got mine new were $1000 and you could get used on eBay anywhere from $350 to $500 shipped depending on the features you wanted.

They are amazing chairs.
New for about $600 now on Amazon. That sounds crazy for a chair. But they are SUPER comfortable and super-adjustable / customizable.

Last edited:
The hawk fatazz chair is the only chair I can sit in more then 20min. I have sat in it off and on every day for hours for 2yrs+.
Arm foam is sorry, but it is very comfortable!!!!

And your pistol doesnt get hung up entering or exiting the fatman chair

Well... my Gladiator 8' bench arrived..... damaged. Even though Home Depot promises to deliver it to the front door, they left the 170-lb 9-ft long box in the driveway. I have a dolly, and was able to get it in the house with some difficulty (by myself). I opened the box and quickly discovered that the top cross-brace of one of the leg sets was bent significantly. And this is some heavy gauge metal.

Here you can see it next to the other leg set, which is properly flat.
Gladiator-3.jpg

Not acceptable for a $600 bench. Called Home Depot. They will email me in 5 days to let me know of a pick-up date. Lovely. Then they will process a refund. I could re-order it if I want. I don't think I will.

So, does anyone have recommendations for a GOOD bench? 8 feet is what I want. I want a quality piece that I don't have to worry about. It doesn't have to be fancy... just solid.

Back