Don't Carry a Trauma Kit! Whaaaaaaa??

There's going to be so many ways to peel that onion. A good self defense attorney would argue the use of a TK as that you never intended to kill - not only did you have it but you used it. At the end of the day, it is going to boil down to where the incident occurs. A prosecutor in a red area vs a blue area (if not state) likely is the most important factor.

To your point about using it for a loved one, it'd be great to have data available on how often TKs help for both self defense scenarios as well as non SD such as a car accident. I have a tourniquet in my car as a general 1st aid tool. I never carry it with me. When you start to think of what all you might need, you are
walking around with a back pack. Probably doesn't work well in most cases though it'd be great if it did as I'd just slip my level IIIA panel in it for some simple protection.

If we never had attorneys, we would never Need a attorney.

I agree with with them. On your person-bad idea.

I keep a IFAK under the backseat of my truck. General band aids, Neosporin, non-stick gauze, 3 tourq's, 2 chest seals, roll of electrical tape, roll white med tape, 2 non-scented/non-medicated tampons, roll of "self stick" ace bandage, and a printed ID card with all my basic info (full name, allergies, religion, and emergency contacts) laminated.

Last edited:
I keep a IFAK under the backseat of my truck. General band aids, Neosporin, non-stick gauze, 3 tourq's, 2 chest seals, roll of electrical tape, roll white med tape, 2 non-scented/non-medicated tampons, roll of "self stick" ace bandage, and a printed ID card with all my basic info (full name, allergies, religion, and emergency contacts) laminated.

That's not what they're talking about, though. They're talking about (not) CARRYING a trauma kit.

Well, I'll keep my first aid gear. I have to be alive to be prosecuted.

On a similar vein, here's a little ditty that just came out today, after a few minutes of Brandon talking, the meat and potatoes starts as they try to teach combat first aid to a bunch of new recruits.... TQ's, Chest seals, packing wounds, etc.

Brandon Mitchell

Back