Gun Law Guide

brian

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Posted 20,000th Comment!
Reaction score
I purchased a Gun Law Guide a few years ago and was considering getting the 2023 edition. I reviewed the sample pages and did not see any discussion on PMFs. I reached out to the attorney/site to ask if PMFs were part of the guide and they replied :

"No, PMFs are not covered on a state-by-state basis in the 2023 edition.

Coverage in a future edition is possible. We add topics based on requests from customers."

I figured I'd post here in case others were thinking about the guide and also to see if others are interested in a PMF summary then email them at gunlaws@gunlawguide.com to let them know. If enough requests come in maybe the 2024 edition will cover them. With luck by then the dust from various lawsuits, etc will have settled too (in our favor of course!).

I got that guide many years ago. More recently, I have an app on my android phone.

I don't know if it includes anything about PMFs, to be honest. My current EDC is a PMF, but it's factory-serialized. So, it's effectively a factory gun... assembled by me.

It's worth mentioning you also should look up whether your factory firearm and magazines are legal in your destination state.

Last edited:
Also... right now, it would be difficult to keep a printed publication or even an app updated on PMF laws, they are so much in flux right now.

I would be careful about transporting PMFs in other unfamiliar states. At least I would thoroughly research their current laws.

I got that guide many years ago. More recently, I have an app on my android phone.

I don't know if it includes anything about PMFs, to be honest. My current EDC is a PMF, but it's factory-serialized. So, it's effectively a factory gun... assembled by me.

It's worth mentioning you also should look up whether your factory firearm and magazines are legal in your destination state.
This most definitely! The annual subscription (something like $1.99/year at last check) allows one to install the app on all your electronic devises, computer, tablet, phone, etc.

Also, if you're in Florida or frequently carry in Florida, this book by Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq is considered the bible of understanding Florida Firearms and Justified Use of Force Law. The 2023-2024 edition provides Gutmacher's legal analysis of recent changes in Florida Statutes effective 01 July 2023 that no longer require the Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License (FCWFL) to carry concealed. 🤠

This most definitely! The annual subscription (something like $1.99/year at last check) allows one to install the app on all your electronic devises, computer, tablet, phone, etc.

Also, if you're in Florida or frequently carry in Florida, this book by Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq is considered the bible of understanding Florida Firearms and Justified Use of Force Law. The 2023-2024 edition provides Gutmacher's legal analysis of recent changes in Florida Statutes effective 01 July 2023 that no longer require the Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License (FCWFL) to carry concealed. 🤠
Also... for the entire country... The Law of Self-Defense by Andrew Branca.
Amazon product ASIN 1943809143
View: https://www.amazon.com/Law-Self-Defense-Indispensable-Citizen/dp/1943809143

Not a big fan of reading "books" on my phone, but at $1.99/year that one may be worth it especially considering the ability to get updates through the year on the ever changing landscape. I'll look into that one!

Not a big fan of reading "books" on my phone, but at $1.99/year that one may be worth it
The phone app isn't a book. It's an app that acts as an easy reference for any state you're traveling to / through. See next comment below.

Last edited:
Here's the page for Texas. You can click on each item for more details.
1690678601061.png
1690678621979.png

Not a big fan of reading "books" on my phone, but at $1.99/year that one may be worth it especially considering the ability to get updates through the year on the ever changing landscape. I'll look into that one!
It's not a book, but summarizes concealed carry laws in all 50 of These United States and U.S. territories and a very handy tool for keeping up with the laws of states you are in, plan to travel to, or just pass through! 🤠

ETA: In addition to professional legal counsel, I mainly use these resources for keeping apprised of firearms and concealed carry law:
1) CCW - Concealed Carry 50 State app that Racer recommended, and;
2) The Law of Self Defense by attorney Andrew F. Branca (as Racer mentioned above, and as did I in another thread here, covers all 50 states), including a LOSD Membership as well as his LOSD Platinum Protection Program (details available on the LOSD website).

For Florida Specifically:
3) Sunshine Online - Title XLVI, mainly Chapter 776 (Justified Use of Force) and Chapter 790 (Weapons and Firearms)
4) Florida Firearms Law - Use and Ownership by attorney Jon Gutmacher, previously mentioned, and;

Last edited:
Back