Here we come a stippeling among the leaves so green…

Bongo Lewi

Mega-Patriot!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
I have not been able to accomplish much in the past three weeks. Every day with shingles was a new experience in pain and the meds make me tired and lethargic. In my delirium I ordered a stippling kit and it has arrived. I’m going to give it a try. I wish I had kept my 76% frames that I abandoned. That would have been a good frame to practice on.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.36.04 PM.png

There are a lot of cool tips for this tool that allow different variations in texture and depth. Based on what I read today one of the tricks is to be consistent with depth. Meaning... use a light touch and don't go too deep.

Last edited:
Do it do it do it!

I have the same kit. Somehow 🤔 I discovered enough parts laying around to build a complete gun. It was an easy one to learn stippling on as it was an untextured frame. I used the 3 edge cutting tips to line the borders, then took the small round tip and squiggled away till it was all filled in.
20240328_212630.jpg

Not started. I have been looking at what some stippling shops have done. Some are really good. Others not my cup of tea.

I’m very conservative when it comes to gun modifications. I’m ok with aesthetic work but it has to be functional. I haven’t settled on a pattern/style yet. I dont want the texture to be overly ggressive. I usually knock down new G10 grips with fine sandpaper before installing them. Some of my higher end metal pistols have smooth wood grips. I'm not a fan of rubber sleeves either. One exception is the LCP. The Pachmeyer grip condom makes the 380 much more controllable to me. My only beef with it is the tacky rubber tends to cling to the inside of the pocket it's in. Most pocket holsters - hard or soft - don't cover the grip. Not a dealbreaker. The LCP has always been a backup.

Last edited:
Back