USApat

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
ice_man_tiny.gif

ice_bath.jpg

Last edited:
5-7 seconds of falling.
The video is slowed down once he jumps. "Slo-mo." So, the actual fall time is much shorter than that. Nevertheless, it looks like a pretty high jump. Though a wide angle lens can also make it look farther than it is.

Looking at the tree, I'm guessing less than 100 feet.

In any case... pretty nuts.

Last edited:
Depending on the angle of those blades on impact with the water, there would be a significant risk of one / both of them deflecting back at his face or head. Yikes.

He should certainly qualify for a stuntman job in Hollywood without having to take any qualification exams. šŸ’Ŗ :cool:

I think I read on Twitter that someone seems to think he threw those hatchets away at the last minute and they're probably plastic. I believe the plastic part, but I can't discern whether he tosses them before impact. Someone else commented that he pops up at the end of the video And how deep can that water be? Doesn't look like where a lake would be frozen over. Perhaps a waterfall landing in a pond off that cliff. Regardless, that's probably the craziest stunt I've seen given the small margin for error and landing in that small area of water.

He should certainly qualify for a stuntman job in Hollywood without having to take any qualification exams. šŸ’Ŗ :cool:

I think I read on Twitter that someone seems to think he threw those hatchets away at the last minute and they're probably plastic. I believe the plastic part, but I can't discern whether he tosses them before impact. Someone else commented that he pops up at the end of the video And how deep can that water be? Doesn't look like where a lake would be frozen over. Perhaps a waterfall landing in a pond off that cliff. Regardless, that's probably the craziest stunt I've seen given the small margin for error and landing in that small area of water.
No doubt it was ballsy and risky.

PS- water takes on the density of concrete around 25mph

32 per second - 5 secound +/- 25mph
As @Racer88 said, that is a time-distorted video. BUT, a five-second fall ends with ~109 MPH. And a very abrupt stop. šŸ˜ As the song says, "It's not the fall but landin' that alters social standin' ". He isn't going that fast. Those axes look like resin casts to me -not as dangerous as metal, but not spongie-soft either. I had to watch that a couple of times to see him curling-in at the end -at first the video glitched and I thought he hit full spread-eagle -OUCH!

As @Racer88 said, that is a time-distorted video. BUT, a five-second fall ends with ~109 MPH. And a very abrupt stop. šŸ˜ As the song says, "It's not the fall but landin' that alters social standin' ". He isn't going that fast. Those axes look like resin casts to me -not as dangerous as metal, but not spongie-soft either. I had to watch that a couple of times to see him curling-in at the end -at first the video glitched and I thought he hit full spread-eagle -OUCH!
Yeah. You can see him tuck at the end. I hope he let go of the fake axes in any case. Even plastic would do some damage to your face / head with a very hard impact.

Back