KOTD (knife of the day) - Post yours!

And miss out on all the fun (of triggering sheeple)??? Hellz no! :LOL:
Depending upon the audience, yes, and the Microtech never fails to attract attention when it fires. The closest I've come to actually cutting something with it was as the airbag smoke was clearing from a head-on collision I was involved in a couple of years ago. Luckily, the seatbelt latch worked, and the door was able to be opened. Was glad I had it available as an option, though.

Depending upon the audience, yes, and the Microtech never fails to attract attention when it fires.

Even a flicked Spyderco gets attention. I'll admit that I rather enjoy "triggering" people that way.

Once while tailgaiting with a bunch of youth hockey families, one of the parents asked, "Does anyone have a knife?" (to open one of those blasted plastic clamshell packages for a mouthguard she had just purchased for her son)

Sure! THWACK! (Spyderco)

From another parent: "Holy shit! You CARRY THAT?"

Ummmm... you needed a knife, right?

I opened the package for her.

Last edited:
Even a flicked Spyderco gets attention. I'll admit that I rather enjoy "triggering" people that way.

Once while tailgaiting with a bunch of youth hockey families, one of the parents asked, "Does anyone have a knife?" (to open one of those blasted plastic clamshell packages for a mouthguard she had just purchased for her son)

Sure! THWACK! (Spyderco)

From another parent: "Holy shit! You CARRY THAT?"

Ummmm... you needed a knife, right?

I opened the package for her.

Yup. I used to carry a Spyderco Special Police (titanium). Never used the Spidey hole, just a quick wrist flip and it snapped out hard. When autos became legal here, I carried a Lightning OTF for general purpose use. However, working in K-12, sometimes with young kids around, I decided that something that can be opened quietly when desired is good.

Smh- guys had me curious. So I googled it. Seems a fairly common problem with spyderco. Atleast not uncommon. JS

Demko AD 20.5 has been in my pocket the last couple months.

e5716080185b8655b52b21b79c083a78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! DE still technically illegal here, even after autos were legalized in '15.

If you have a CWFL and don't live in a commie county, it's not an issue. I think Polk county FL. would count as a non-commie county.

These are my EDC blades. Microtech Combat Troodon and Ganzo side-opener. OTF is for emergency purposes, side opener is for everyday use. I love OTFs, but a side opener is much more discreet at work and can be opened slowly so as not to possibly trigger sheeple.
Reviving this thread.

Do you carry both simultaneously?

Been carrying this little guy lately.

Attachments

• 53FA488E-D1E1-4F3C-8F9A-40A11C9D8BD0.jpeg
    53FA488E-D1E1-4F3C-8F9A-40A11C9D8BD0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
Reviving this thread.

Do you carry both simultaneously?
I do EDC both the SO and OTF. Side opener is clipped in the off-side pocket, OTF strong side. I open boxes and such with the SO at work, so no worries if it can't get deployed quite as fast. Since the Microtech is for emergency purposes, I want it be able to present it promptly should circumstances so dictate.

I'm sorry to be boring, but when I find something that works, I tend to stick with it. I do think that carrying the exact same items daily is a good idea, muscle memory and all that jazz. I'm at about seven years now carrying the same two knives.

Im from Georgia, the state issues you a pocket knife at BIRTH! Atleast up to 60s.

I'm looking to acquire a nice EDC thumb-assisted knife...inherited an AWESOME NIB Buck assisted opener from my late FIL, , but I don't want to carry it or subject it to property duty. My Kershaw (thumb assist) that I had years ago mysteriously walked off. I've a nifty little new small pocketknife, another that is an old Craftsman that is unsafe; and I use a Dewalt box cutter around here but I really need a robust working knife for around the property here and EDC. Soon. Maybe for my B-day next month. hehe

Last edited:
I'm looking to acquire a nice EDC thumb-assisted knife...inherited an AWESOME NIB Buck assisted opener from my late FIL, , but I don't want to carry it or subject it to properly duty. My Kershaw (thumb assist) that I had years ago mysteriously walked off. I've a nifty little new small pocketknife, another that is an old Craftsman that is unsafe; and I use a Dewalt box cutter around here but I really need a robust working knife for around the property here and EDC. Soon. Maybe for my B-day next month. hehe
I'm a Spyderco fan. For a robust working folder, the Manix 2 series is nice.

I've got a few!
Spyderco Manix 2 family-5184.JPG

Manix 2 M4-8850.JPG

Spyderco Manix 2 family-5187.JPG

It's National Knife Day! Let's see'em!
1692897334356.png

Its like #15(?) On the Kalashnikov over last 25 years.
Side folder CobraTech gets carried regularly.
OTF is more show/dress/church
20230824_180142.jpg
20230824_180129.jpg
20230824_180008.jpg
20230824_175938.jpg
20230824_180016.jpg
20230824_175905.jpg
20230824_180249.jpg
20230824_180236.jpg

Back