Laser bore sight for zeroing optics

It showed up today. This thing will also level the reticle! I can retire my brass hammer remnant on a string. The manual also includes a photo of An Actual Customer who forgot to remove his boresighter before verifying his work. šŸ˜³

An Actual Customer who forgot to remove his boresighter before verifying his work

I hate it when that happens! :)
Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 9.03.04 PM.png

It is a terrific tool. Timesaver, accurate, and way better quality than the others in the market.

I hate it when that happens! :)
View attachment 14429

It is a terrific tool. Timesaver, accurate, and way better quality than the others in the market.
So if I am reading the docs and software correctly you "dial in" the caliber/bullet weight, zero range etc and they give you a target that you print with instructions to place at xx yards (example place at 27.2 yards & use tool/printed target for a 100 yard zero of the scope)?? That's amazing and will prove to be a huge time & ammo saver.

It works on handguns!

20231001_204713.jpg

You are supposed to put Vaseline on the o-ring, this was the closest thing at hand. ā˜ļø It worked perfectly.

With a handgun & iron sights there is no need to put the gun on a bench or vise. You just point it at a wall and verify that the green dot is where you like it in your sight picture. The Site Lite helped verify that I pounded the rear sight into approximately the correct location.

It is a pretty comprehensive kit that comes in a little blow molded box.

20231001_205136.jpg

Another cool feature is a card with a blank grid that you can use to confirm your rifle is still zeroed. Say you have a hunting rifle perfectly sighted in, then you travel somewhere for the hunt and are wondering, is my gun still on target? Mark your zero on the card at a known distance before you leave. At your destination set the apparatus and the card up at the same distance. If the dot is in the same place you are good to go, no need to take test shots before the real thing.

Thanks a lot @Bongo Lewi, I oughta block you so I don't buy any more things I did not know I needed. šŸ™ƒ

So if I am reading the docs and software correctly you "dial in" the caliber/bullet weight, zero range etc and they give you a target that you print with instructions to place at xx yards (example place at 27.2 yards & use tool/printed target for a 100 yard zero of the scope)?? That's amazing and will prove to be a huge time & ammo saver.
Yes... if you use their app. Free download. Specific to your gun type and ammo. Provided of course your ammo is in the database.
Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 2.00.01 AM.png

If you are using a Mac, you may have to manually allow this app to run, depending on how your browser or other antivirus/malware security settings are configured. It's not a 'registered' Apple app.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 1.55.48 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 1.55.48 AM.png
    991.8 KB · Views: 23
It works on handguns!

Thanks a lot @Bongo Lewi, I oughta block you so I don't buy any more things I did not know I needed. šŸ™ƒ
Yep. As long as the barrel isn't too short. On the other hand, dialing in a pocket gun is pretty much a waste of time anyway!

You are welcome, sir!

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 2.21.36 AM.png

Last edited:
Laser bore sighter arrived! And a couple of other things today, too! Milspin mag plates and some ammo!

1696282913536.jpeg

The written test verified the laser. I've been doing my version of a dope card on my builds, putting 5 rounds at 5, 10, 15, 20 & 25 yards.
20231002_183521.jpg

No adjustments were needed and as a bonus I found the plastic drift I lost there a month ago, it was sitting in the dirt right where I usually shoot, none the worse for wear.

Then for grins I took the second half of the box over to the rifle range and got a very satisfying DING out of the 220 yard plate.

20231002_180023.jpg

Then for grins I took the second half of the box over to the rifle range and got a very satisfying DING out of the 220 yard plate.
That's a good shot with a 9mm pistol! My 9mm PCCs typically see a 50 inch drop at that distance. A decent scope helps.

That's a good shot with a 9mm pistol! My 9mm PCCs typically see a 50 inch drop at that distance. A decent scope helps.
It was 230 grain 45 acp. They make a big enough dirt cloud that I can guestimate how much to hold over. At that distance I put the top of the rear sight level with the front of the slide and place the target on top of the front sight. That way I can still see my target. šŸ‘€

It was 230 grain 45 acp. They make a big enough dirt cloud that I can guestimate how much to hold over. At that distance I put the top of the rear sight level with the front of the slide and place the target on top of the front sight. That way I can still see my target. šŸ‘€
18-inch drop at 100 yds. 200... unsure but it's at least double that. Karl Lippard established the .45 ACP 600 Yard World Record, shooting from a seated position at a shooting table, putting 8 of 10 shots on target off a bag. The gun was a 1911 and shot Black Hills .230 grain jacketed hollow point, off-the-shelf ammunition. The bullseye was a 36 inch circle. Wow.

92 inches at 200 yards according to the Hornady app using their 230 gr FMJ data.

Screenshot_20231002-210417.jpg

At 600 yards the flight time is 2.7 seconds and and the holdover is in another zip code.

92 inches at 200 yards according to the Hornady app using their 230 gr FMJ data.

At 600 yards the flight time is 2.7 seconds and the holdover is in another zip code
When I read about that guy I was in awe of his natural ability. I guess anybody can get lucky and ring steel at that distance but 8 out of 10 with a handgun in 45 - it's crazy! That reminds me of those old-school trick-shot guys who could toss a coin or a playing card in the air and hit it with a six-shooter.

18-inch drop at 100 yds. 200... unsure but it's at least double that. Karl Lippard established the .45 ACP 600 Yard World Record, shooting from a seated position at a shooting table, putting 8 of 10 shots on target off a bag. The gun was a 1911 and shot Black Hills .230 grain jacketed hollow point, off-the-shelf ammunition. The bullseye was a 36 inch circle. Wow.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3XwizTqDw

Jerry M. The guy is an inspiration. I want to be that good but never will be. He makes it look so easy.

I was at a match (as a spectator) three years ago and met his daughter Lena, who was competing. She's good. A chip off the old block. Must be in the DNA! Press and a gaggle of YouTuber nitwits were swarming around her at the match. Her celebrity has got to be a huge pain in the ass. I later saw her sitting alone in the hotel lobby waiting for a ride and chatted with her for a couple of minutes. She was very affable.

Mine arrived a couple days ago, but I just unboxed it tonight!

As @Bongo Lewi mentioned, this bit of kit is on a WHOLE OTHER level of quality / build compared to other bore sight lasers. It is evident as soon as it's in your hands.
site-lite-bore-laser.jpg

My previous laser bore sight was from Laserlyte, that I bought in 2013, which now sells for $60.
1696472616622.png

It's a cheap piece of crap, ESPECIALLY compared to this one. The flimsy switch on the Laserlyte version was always finicky. There is truly no comparison between the two. So for $50 more, you get a TREMENDOUSLY better bit of kit that will likely last a lifetime.

There are some instructions, including some software that I need to review to use it properly. But yeah... this was a good buy, especially at 50% off! Still available at that price!
So, $110 at Amazon.
$230 at MidwayUSA!

The-Tank-with-Site-Lite.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B002QG76B2
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QG76B2

Last edited:
I found a new use for this after bringing home a puppy. The dog looooves chasing around the green dot! It is very bright, I have to be careful to not blind her.

The Site Lite has been on the money every time and I admit that some of my rear sights have not landed in the middle of the slide but this one is the worst so far. I will be really interested to see where it hits on paper.
20240314_102455.jpg

Back