Question Lone Wolf Adhesive/Glue

GeekfromHell

Reaction score
I seem to have misplaced my adhesive. Is there a substitute somewhere out that that I could use? Possibly something from Home Depot?

Straight from Lone Wolf's website:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220829-115303_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220829-115303_Chrome.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 161
Thanks for the info, just started two Freedom Wolf and both glue tubs had dried up. Plus, one box had two lefts and no right rear tabs. No big deal I can fix it, so it fits.

Thanks for joining the forum and participating by posting! When you get a chance, please write up a quick “introduction” (or RE-introduction if you were a former MGB forum member) of yourself over in the Introduce Yourself! section. Tell us about yourself, your building experience, and how you found the forum.

I had three frames to build and went with 1oz Loctite 380 black max'
Amazon product ASIN B000132VEE
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000132VEE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_detailsI was surprised that the black matched the frame perfect
It was a little runny but wiped up easy, so I really used a lot it.
The label said instant adhesive, but it didn't set any faster than regular Loctite super glue gel. I still have plenty left over. The label also said rubber adhesive so I thought I might test it to see if you can stipple it when I get time.

I did not want to pay 40 bucks for a bunch of glue. My local branch of R. S. Hughes can get the 3 gram size for $5.93. The box said "refrigerate for storage" so I inquired about it to the counterman. He produced the data sheet that said to store this stuff at 36 - 46f. Maybe this is why the tube packaged with Freedom Wolf frames dries up?
20231207_124205.jpg

That glue is some tough stuff!

I have a couple of frames I wanted to chop down to subcompact size. The the SCT-17 had the backstrap chopped off, heated, flattened out and glued back onto the frame, then chopped.

The Timberwolf had the removable flat backstrap fixed with 380, then chopped.

Both frames stood up to drilling, sawing, filing and sanding without any sign that the grip was not one solid piece of plastic.

20231210_125301.jpg

I was generous with the glue and still have most of the 3 gram tube left, which went back into the fridge.

Who has two thumbs and is a huge fan of Loctite 380?
👍 😁 👍

Back