Video MGB: Glock Scam Trigger Parts are UNSAFE

Life is too short for cheap tools, shoes, and now triggers.

I hear Harbor Freight has a package of ten Glock triggers for 5 bucks. It's right next to the punches. :)

I have a hunch that Glock is working on a modular design. Sig drank that kool-aid, now Springfield. Glock isn't stupid. They know their patents are mostly all expired. It's been a good run since 1986. A total redesign... introducing a modular chassis would be a smart move for them. if it's good (perfection?) they can ride that wave for another 20 years.

If that were the case, what would be the impact on the 80% pistol world? Stick with copies of the old Glock design or embrace the new?

They know their patents are mostly all expired. It's been a good run since 1986. A total redesign... introducing a modular chassis would be a smart move for them. if it's good (perfection?) they can ride that wave for another 20 years.

If that were the case, what would be the impact on the 80% pistol world? Stick with copies of the old Glock design or embrace the new?
The P80 world exists because of expired patents. So, to "embrace the new," we'd have to wait for the patent on the new modular system to expire, right?

The P80 world exists because of expired patents. So, to "embrace the new," we'd have to wait for the patent on the new modular system to expire, right?
For the most part, yes. Still, patents are pretty easy to dodge. Most of it is about how something looks. Not what it does. If Glock followed Sig and Springfield and went with the design where you drop a serialized metal bucket into a frame, it's equivalent would have to not look the same.

I think a more likely scenario is an enterprising company like P80 or perhaps PSA makes their own fire control unit. Perhaps sells them disassembled for those who prefer that. Also a wide selection of frames and add ons/upgrades that fit their FCU and frames. The rub is the FCU would probably have to be serialized. But perhaps not if the FCU were sold incomplete - 80%. Like the MUP.

That approach could support the builder community really well. And allow them to adopt newer technology. One could argue you can do that today with the Sig kits. The problem with that is it doesn't seem as popular as Glock clones and the parts are always in short supply/backordered.

Last edited:
That approach could support the builder community really well. And allow them to adopt newer technology.
But is it better? I don't see the advantages other than being able to swap grips, which I don't care about.

More dependable, maybe. Better triggers... probably. Less margin for error in assembly... definitely. I don't think a lot of people swap grips back and forth very often but having a lot more options in the design and style of grips would be interesting. More than large, medium and small. Modular could also apply to the frame. Changeable backstraps for example.

The thought that comes to mind is how smart Ruger has been with the venerable 10/22 semiautomatic action. Several long guns, takedowns, the various Charger pistols. Not to mention a very healthy aftermarket. Its one one the most popular rimfire platforms ever. Very customizable. Imagine something like that, except it being based on the 80% concept.

More dependable, maybe. Better triggers... probably. Less margin for error in assembly... definitely. I don't think a lot of people swap grips back and forth very often but having a lot more options in the design and style of grips would be interesting. More than large, medium and small. Modular could also apply to the frame. Changeable backstraps for example.

The thought that comes to mind is how smart Ruger has been with the venerable 10/22 semiautomatic action. Several long guns, takedowns, the various Charger pistols. Not to mention a very healthy aftermarket. Its one one the most popular rimfire platforms ever. Very customizable. Imagine something like that, except it being based on the 80% concept.
Yeah... the modular thing doesn't interest me. I have no interest in swapping parts. I won't even do a barrel swap / caliber conversion that can already be done with current Glocks. If I want a different caliber, I'll get the whole gun. I like dedicated guns... not "convertibles." But that's just me.

I have no interest in swapping parts. I won't even do a barrel swap / caliber conversion that can already be done with current Glocks. If I want a different caliber, I'll get the whole gun. I like dedicated guns... not "convertibles." But that's just me.
Conversions are not my thing either. Especially 9mm to 22. Or 22 ARs. "Practicing" with rimfire to save money on ammo is a common thing but I don't buy it. Plinking... fine. Practicing? I call bullshit. The 9mm or 45 shooting experience is not even vaguely similar to using the 22 in the same gun. You might as well buy an Airsoft Glock and practice with that.

My point is not so much about making a gun more easily changeable. More about expanding the range of options in putting the gun together. If the fire control system is a drop-in bucket, that could allow a lot more freedom and flexibility in the design of frames. That might also help mitigate the risk of someone building a gun badly and it being unsafe.

The reason Sig and Springfield have embraced modular is because it's all around better in the realm of striker-fired guns. More reliable, flexible, less expensive to manufacture and assemble. Evolution. Glock was an innovator 40 years ago and others eventually followed. I'm pretty sure that more sooner than later, the FCU concept is going to be the de facto standard in the striker realm. The current Glock design and all the parts will be around a long time, just become less popular. I don't think I'm alone in that after a half dozen P80/GST-9 builds, I'm looking for something new. Thus my interest in the Sig clone.

Last edited:
Conversions are not my thing either. Especially 9mm to 22. Or 22 ARs.
I love my M&P 15-22 AR. It's not a conversion. It's a dedicated 22 from the ground up in an AR-style rifle. Fantastic rifle. GREAT for teaching newbies. It's a ton of fun. Easy and cheap to shoot.

"Practicing" with rimfire to save money on ammo is a common thing but I don't buy it. Plinking... fine. Practicing? I call bullshit. The 9mm or 45 shooting experience is not even vaguely similar to using the 22 in the same gun.
I sort of agree. The fundamentals of marksmanship are the same regardless of caliber. If you can't shoot a 22 well, you won't shoot a larger caliber well, either.

Last Sunday, I met some buds at the range. Three out of the four of us were shooting 22s as part of a challenge:
1695296151191.png

It was quite the challenge! I was shooting a Ruger American Rimfire (bolt action) with a cheap Nikon scope. The inconsistency of 22 ammo makes it a lot harder.

I agree that a 22 is not the same "experience" as a 9-mm or a .223 / 5.56. But there is value in practicing with a 22.

The reason Sig and Springfield have embraced modular is because it's all around better in the realm of striker-fired guns. More reliable, flexible, less expensive to manufacture and assemble. Evolution. Glock was an innovator 40 years ago and others eventually followed. I'm pretty sure that more sooner than later, the FCU concept is going to be the de facto standard in the striker realm.
Perhaps it is less expensive to manufacture and assemble. But is it more reliable? I can hardly imagine a mechanism more reliable than the sheer genius that is the simplicity of the Glock mechanism. Mind you, I have never even looked at the Sig modular mechanism. I have no clue what it looks like or how it functions.

I'm not questioning / debating whether modular will become the "de facto standard." Perhaps it will. But, as I recall, the "advantages" being marketed are that it can be easily put into (converted) various configurations. You can have one serialized "FCU" and put it in various guns. I understand that for some, that is an attractive feature. Personally, I prefer dedicated guns, not convertibles.

he current Glock design and all the parts will be around a long time, just become less popular. I don't think I'm alone in that after a half dozen P80/GST-9 builds, I'm looking for something new. Thus my interest in the Sig clone.
I may get there, too. But not yet. I suspect my next endeavor beyond P80 / Glock clones may be building an AR.

Last edited:
Nikon exited the scope biz in 2020. Unfortunate. They had a line of scopes purpose built for rimfire that were better than most. I have had one on a 22 wmr rifle for several years and it performs really well. You can still find them online. Used or sometimes NOS.

I did some competitive target shooting in rimfire for a while. Mainly pistols. It was a lot of fun. Started out with Rugers, added a few Volquartsen upgrades, and ended with a Hammerli Trailside, which is a work of art. Insanely accurate. The gun was way better than I was. The range officer who ran this program at my club was an overbearing tool. One of those guys who desperately needs to be in charge of something and everything that comes out of his mouth is a lecture. I nicknamed him Grandpa Amos. The younger competitors made fun of him all the time. :) Some of those kids were pretty good marksmen.
Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 8.39.45 AM.png

I do agree on the fundamentals of marksmanship being the same no matter what caliber. I just dont buy into the idea that substituting a 9 or 45 with a 22 is in any way useful in making someone a better defensive shooter. Unless of course your EDC is a 22. Perhaps a Bobcat or equivalent.

Target shooting? Sure. Excluding long range, rimfire is probably the #1 caliber in that realm. My argument is the 22 has no recoil, muzzle flip, the weight and balance of the gun with a conversion kit is different. The follow up shot in defensive shooting is paramount. There's no way using a rimfire round helps someone improve on that.

I'd concede that a newb - especially kids - should begin their skill development with rimfire. Most would agree with that. Learning the fundamentals. But I believe that a seasoned shooter... there's zero gain training with rimfire. Other than saving money on ammo. Target shooting for sport and fun... no problem! It's perfect for that. Varmints too, but I prefer 22 WMR.

Last edited:
Nikon exited the scope biz in 2020. Unfortunate. They had a line of scopes purpose built for rimfire that were better than most.
Yeah... I was surprised and disappointed. Nikon is a good company. Makes good glass. I have a Nikon on my precision AR-15, too. Their M-223 model. Great value.

AR-15-Competition.jpg

I do agree on the fundamentals of marksmanship being the same no matter what caliber. I just dont buy into the idea that substituting a 9 or 45 with a 22 is in any way useful in making someone a better defensive shooter.
. The follow up shot in defensive shooting is paramount. There's no way using a rimfire round helps someone improve on that.
True. It's not a substitute for defensive shooting practice with your defensive firearms. Recoil management, follow-up shots, etc.... gotta train and practice with what you're going to carry or use for home defense.

But, certainly a 22 still has training / practice value in terms of sight picture, grip, and trigger control.

Regrettably, I have all but forsaken anything except defensive shooting drills. My plan was to start competing again in long range precision this Fall but it is now evident that will have to wait. I have other projects to work on and just don't have the time. If I'm going to compete, I'm playing to win. Not enough practice.... you don't win. I can't be happy just participating. I'm missing the brain chemical than makes one simply enjoy being in the company of others. :)

View: https://youtu.be/mKLizztikRk?feature=shared

MGB stated the notches on the birds beak had an important function. Does anyone know what that is?

Thank you @Michele for hitting me up and thank you @Racer88 for making this important safety concern a priority post for members.

The question about notches on the birds beak is a good one and I apologize I realized after I published the video that I assumed folks would already know, but as we all know lots of information is not widely available anymore and it’s my fault for assuming that people would know.

With that said, I’ll explain it here and do a follow up video so you can see the visual.

There are 2 notches on the bottom of the Birds Beak and 1 on top.

The 1st notch at the very bottom of the birds beak is cut to exactly fit the angle of the trigger housing. It creates a tight fit with a. hard stop.

The 2nd notch on the bottom along with the top notch work together for the raised polymer strip inside a Glock frame where the reset occurs. These notches or relief cuts provide hard stopping points and assist with fluid resets.

The fake triggers being sold as authentic are straight with no notches or relief cuts which is why they don’t reset and cause multiple round bursts. These have many problems causing them to be unsafe this is just one of them. I cannot stress enough these clones are not the clones of the past. The fraudsters believe they have created something by grooving the shoe that they can pass off to unsuspecting people as genuine oem. Please check your parts and make sure they are legit. The market is literally flooded with these things.

Keep in mind there are less than 10 companies (me included) that sell genuine oem parts kits. Many companies sell individual oem parts, but again there are less than 10 of us who do complete oem upper and lower parts kit that are Authentic.

Hope this answers the question and I will do another video soon. Since I cannot even mention the word P80 on YouTube, I’m going to start making videos solely on glock safety - they are not as popular of videos, but imo the most important subject with almost no content on for people to learn to be more safe.

Wow, learned something new. I thought those notches were just a byproduct of being stamped metal.
Thank you MGB.

Get your OEM Glock parts from MGB on his site

Or on ebay

For the most part, yes. Still, patents are pretty easy to dodge. Most of it is about how something looks. Not what it does. If Glock followed Sig and Springfield and went with the design where you drop a serialized metal bucket into a frame, it's equivalent would have to not look the same.

I think a more likely scenario is an enterprising company like P80 or perhaps PSA makes their own fire control unit. Perhaps sells them disassembled for those who prefer that. Also a wide selection of frames and add ons/upgrades that fit their FCU and frames. The rub is the FCU would probably have to be serialized. But perhaps not if the FCU were sold incomplete - 80%. Like the MUP.

That approach could support the builder community really well. And allow them to adopt newer technology. One could argue you can do that today with the Sig kits. The problem with that is it doesn't seem as popular as Glock clones and the parts are always in short supply/backordered.
PSA has created a chassis version of the dagger full size. It’s just a prototype so far, I believe it’s called the Dagger SWCH

Ordered a G26 slide from MDXarms.com Nov. 8th requested the OEM Lower parts kit for extra $75.

I got it today and the Glock OEM Lower parts kit is not OEM the trigger shoe is 2 parts, no stamped numbers on trigger housing and plastic just feels cheap, no marks on the birds beak. I also ordered a OEM G43 slide kit, I'm not sure if that is OEM or not because I dont know what to look for. Not happy with MDX Arms, it was my first order with them.

I'm trying to contact them currently to see if they will make it right.

this is what I ordered:

G26 Match Grade SS Non Threaded Barrel - FLUSH/CROWN
1​
Glock OEM G43 Slide Parts Kit
1​
Glock OEM Lower Parts Kit - 9mm - GROUPED
1​
MDX G26 V1 with RMR OD
1​
MDX Arms G26 V1 with RMR Build Kit - No Frame
EFDFB3DF​
1​