New biometric "Smart Gun" coming to market. Supposedly.

Biofire founder Kai Kloepfer says thousands have placed preorders for the Smart Gun, available online.

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Who the fuck would buy these? It's asking for trouble from all sorts of angles, and at double the cost for the privlidge!
Only a Smart Car driver navigating a runt vehicle would consider it. The problem is these folks don't own guns and maybe pack mace at best.

Who the fuck would buy these? It's asking for trouble from all sorts of angles, and at double the cost for the privlidge!
Only a Smart Car driver navigating a runt vehicle would consider it. The problem is these folks don't own guns and maybe pack mace at best.
Yeah... there's NO WAY they've pre-sold "thousands" of them.

I really don't care if dumbasses buy this terrible gun. The same people who find this appealing (read the quote in the article) are the same people who walk into a gun shop and go right to the "garish Kimber Super Tac Rapide ICE with depleted uranium grips" and believe the guy at the counter when he says Seal Team Six was consulted on the design. If it looks like a ray gun, goofballs will buy them.

Last edited:
I really don't care if dumbasses buy this terrible gun. The same people who find this appealing (read the quote in the article) are the same people who walk into a gun shop and go right to the "garish Kimber Super Tac Rapide ICE with depleted uranium grips" and believe the guy at the counter when he says Seal Team Six was consulted on the design.
This guy?
totally tactical.jpg

Besides all the tactical / functional objections... this thing is HIDEOUS.

It looks like Nerf and Hi-Point had a love child.

Will it only fire if the owner states "I am the law" before pulling the trigger?

Working in IT has caused me to develop a special distaste for modern electronics and their seemingly endless and meaningless error codes. (ESPECIALLY PRINTERS!!!!)

If you pass me a gun and it flashes an ERROR#12345 at me, I might lose my mind. I don't want to go to the range and have my gun tell me that it needs an ink cartridge refill or a battery replacement

Wake me up in 50 years when we have space guns that can talk to us or something, Lol

The theory has merits. Still alot of bugs to be worked out. If you ever fought with someone over your weapon the ability to let go and pummel the jackass is a definite +.
Think the whole light bulb thing was a product of NAFTA and having all manufacturers moving south of the border. Life of a lamp (bulb) was cut in 1/2. Alot of Generic lamps for last ?10 yrs have been made in USA and have longer life and quality of light.

The theory has merits. Still alot of bugs to be worked out. If you ever fought with someone over your weapon the ability to let go and pummel the jackass is a definite +.

I know, I know... I'm going to disagree. :)

First... if my gun is out... it's already escalated to a lethal situation. I'm not going to go from "guns" to "fists."

Also... if I'm in a fight for control of the gun, things have gone very badly, meaning I failed to defend myself before it got to that point.

IF and WHEN these so called "smart guns" (they're not) are the issued duty sidearms for the overwhelming majority of LEOs patrolling every US locality AND have been proven 100% reliable (I comfortably predict that will NEVER happen), then and only then would I ever consider owning such a firearm. Until that time. . .SCROOM!🖕

That's him. And this d-bag:

View attachment 12698
The most egregious faux pas here is his lack of shame for his (shaved?) pasty-white legs! LOL!

And if he falls on his back (on those small-of-back mag carriers), he probably won't be able to get back up.

Last edited:
If you ever fought with someone over your weapon the ability to let go and pummel the jackass is a definite +.
I'd still prefer to retain the gun and turn it into a club with which to do some 'whipping... ;)

Everything you thought you needed to know about "smart" guns but didn't give a shit about is at this website. LINK Look around at some of the other pages. There are things like RFID tags implanted in the web of your hand and whatnot! :eek: I believe Nobama provided a lot of the funding for this org...

One of the Mossberg boys was developing a smart shotgun you would wear a ring to activate. Haven't heard about it in a while... LINK

IF and WHEN these so called "smart guns" (they're not) are the issued duty sidearms for the overwhelming majority of LEOs patrolling every US locality AND have been proven 100% reliable (I comfortably predict that will NEVER happen), then and only then would I ever consider owning such a firearm. Until that time. . .SCROOM!🖕

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pIPXX2bYs

Ive had to fight to retain my sidearm ON DUTY As LEO and trying to maintain it in a holster with both hands while being beat in the head is not easy. I would of VERY MUCH liked to of been able to remove atleast 1 hand and shove my thumb in his eye. So theres that.
I have also been in altercations where it was 3 against 50 very fit mixture of Cannibals, Necrophiliacs, Multiple Murdering sociopaths where letting go instead of attempting to disassembling a pepperball gun would of been an advantageous.
The big picture is the technology has merit.

Ive had to fight to retain my sidearm ON DUTY As LEO and trying to maintain it in a holster with both hands while being beat in the head is not easy. I would of VERY MUCH liked to of been able to remove atleast 1 hand and shove my thumb in his eye. So theres that.
I have also been in altercations where it was 3 against 50 very fit mixture of Cannibals, Necrophiliacs, Multiple Murdering sociopaths where letting go instead of attempting to disassembling a pepperball gun would of been an advantageous.
The big picture is the technology has merit.

Arguably and with your own personal experience as an LEO... the tech has the most merit in law enforcement applications. Accordingly, if there was to be a MANDATE (which I do not agree with, of course)... then it should be for LE to adopt it FIRST. :)

You first! ;)

But we all know that will NEVER happen. Because the REAL reason for the tech is to control civilian access to arms. We KNOW that.

Lmao, while it may have the potential for conspiracy & misuses, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Just because someone might (probably would/will) use a technology for nefarious purpose, doesnt mean it should never be pursued.

Lmao, while it may have the potential for conspiracy & misuses, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Just because someone might (probably would/will) use a technology for nefarious purpose, doesnt mean it should never be pursued.
I have never remotely suggested it shouldn't be pursued. I am a HUGE advocate for the FREE MARKET. Pursue the shit out of it. As we said in the Navy: "Run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes."

Absolutely pursue it in the Free Market. But I absolutely oppose a MANDATE. There's a difference.

That said... I will confidently predict the product will FAIL in the Free Market... because very few will want it. Just like compact fluorescent bulbs.

If there IS a market for it... and based on your experience as LE... then that would logically be the very first market to clamor for this "tech." When LE jumps on it, then it will get my attention. I won't be holding my breath, though.

Last edited:
Back