Pig Sticker

James Moore

Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Thought I'd share my latest project. PSA ran a helluva good blem deal on these uppers awhile back and I couldn't help myself. I still can't find the blemish.

Attachments

• 20230823_080254.jpg
    20230823_080254.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 51
Where'd you get that bayo extension? Interesting... 🤔 This is an M7 on a middy...

bayo3.jpg

Where'd you get that bayo extension? Interesting... 🤔 This is an M7 on a middy...

View attachment 13269

They sell on ebay, so you can get free shipping there.

Did you stipple the grip?

I have to say this, bayonet on rifles especially assault rifles are just too scary. Thats why they were banned back in the 90s.
Looks good guys (y)

Banned? Maybe in some states or localities, but not in Colorado.
Thair not banned now, but that was a big part of the assault rifle ban in the 90s. It was repealed in the early 2000s or more like it was not renewed because it just didn't work like dems had hope.

Thats why they were banned back in the 90s.

I think what was actually banned were bayonet LUGS. Along with a number of other "features" that don't make the gun any less (or more) dangerous such as pistol grips, flash hiders, adjustable stocks and working magazine releases... :rolleyes:

PS: I think a mounted bayonet would be a swell crowd control device. It might keep assailants more than spitting distance away. Spitting IS assault in my book... :devilish:

Last edited:
My SKS and Mosin M-44 both have permanently installed bayonets. My 20" AR-15 build was jealous so I had to get it one, too.

My days of bayonet charges has long passed, but they do look cool and get lots of compliments at the range.

Well, the bayonet is the next to last weapon of last resort (... I mean using the empty rifle as a club is the last resort.)

But, they design the weapon to take one, gave us a lug to attach it to, so we might as well have a bayonet too. The sleeve around the barrel behind the flash hider is one approach. It does have the advantage of being able to dismantle the barrel later if you have to, or want to change the muzzle device.

Most of my carbine length uppers have 14.5" M4 barrels with a long A2 bird cage pinned and welded on the muzzle (so they count as 16.25" barrels per the gubberment) just to be able to mount the M7 bayonnet. It's a trade-off, though I've rationalized it by thinking of the barrel as a disposable item... I'm only going to take the barrel assembly apart to change the barrel. So the permanent flash hider is kind of a non-issue. I can always cut another 16" barrel back to 14.5" on the lathe and make another assembly.

Old photo to show what I mean... both barrels are commercial 16" carbines. The top one is un-altered, the bottom one has been cut back and has a longer A2 flash hider pinned and welded in place. Neither are SBR's, so no tax stamp required. Doing it this way gives you almost the normal length of the M7 blade to work with (you still loose a little due to the longer A2 that gets you over the 16" mark.)

AR_20141109_3sm.jpg

Last edited:
Back