Post your ugly guns!

You can't be one of the cool kids without owning a HiPoint
I was paycheck to paycheck working poor at the time so it still felt like a $1000 but yes it’s an artillery piece.
I’ve got a 7 round mag that sits flush and keep the battery pack mags as backup’s.
I still carry it in the car on road trips across state. With a smaller gun on me obviously lol

Not to be outdone by the HiPoint... SCCY. Mine is orange. I keep it in a small Pelican case on my boat. You need a strong booger hook for the trigger and in turn a firm grip to fire it with any accuracy, but it's as reliable as it gets. The one thing it wont do is eat cheap aluminum or steel case ammo. The manufacturer explicitly says not to use it, so it'a not a disappointment.

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 6.26.18 AM.png

Note: I read an article where some guy bought 10 or 12 of these in all the colors available. The ATF came a knockin', asking him to produce the weapons and prove that he did not make a straw purchase. Apparently, the SCCY is very popular with gang members. It has a decent grip and looks cool when you hold it sideways. :) Although some gangs have sent them back because the mags dont drop when you hold them that way.

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 6.36.34 AM.png

Last edited:
1685184266091.png

I dare say that's not ugly! But I'm a sucker for orange.

The one thing it wont do is eat cheap aluminum or steel case ammo. The manufacturer explicitly says not to use it, so it'a not a disappointment.
I wonder why that is? :unsure: I saw the "warning" about ammo on the website but they did not elaborate on why...
SCCY is a "local" company to me (Daytona) but I've yet to get one. Or a Kel-Tec (Cocoa), also local. One of these days I will... ;)

I wonder why that is? :unsure: I saw the "warning" about ammo on the website but they did not elaborate on why...
SCCY is a "local" company to me (Daytona) but I've yet to get one. Or a Kel-Tec (Cocoa), also local. One of these days I will... ;)
I presume that the chamber is reamed very precisely and aluminum expands too much when a round is fired. I have tried it and you have to manually pull out the casing every time. I dont normally use any steel case ammo except for in an AK. Aluminum... I tried it then couldn't wait to get rid of it. Or... it has something to do with the design for the extractor. I'm not sure which.

BTW: I have read that the striker fired versions of the SCCY are infinitely improved, trigger-wise. I haven't seen of shot one but that's the skinny.

Back