Showing off my daily driver

Michele

Mega-Patriot!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Behind Enemy Lines in a State ruled by Tyranny
'66 chevy was a C20 custom camper at the begining of life, turned into a work truck with huge tool bed. I dumped that thing off and installed the LWB step bed. I learned how to drive in this at the age of 43. Its the only thing I can drive. Manual every thing except transmission. Very old school love it.
Got a ticket for painting it in the steet šŸ˜†
old side.jpgold back.jpgpaint1.jpg0F2C645B-1280-45BF-8DC0-BD9B628D3C08.jpeg
Finished.jpg
dash.jpgseat.jpg
side.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I was about to ask if the C.A.R.B. came by and cited you.
Nice job BTW.
Now tell us about learning to drive at 43. Did the Navy keep you afloat until retirement? šŸ˜‹

Is it "three on the tree?"

Oh... never mind. You said it was manual everything except the tranny.

Nice truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it "three on the tree?"

Oh... never mind. You said it was manual everything except the tranny.
Almost a guarantee, with a three-on-the-tree you will NEVER again need to take your keys out of the ignition -no one stupid enough to steal a car will be smart enough to drive that one!šŸ¤£

VERY nice truck, Michele. Most of my fine-four-fendered-friends are old enough now to be 'classics'. Since the '54 got, um, 'taken' away, the oldest I have now is a '68... So you have me beat by a couple of years.

VERY nice truck, Michele. Most of my fine-four-fendered-friends are old enough now to be 'classics'. Since the '54 got, um, 'taken' away, the oldest I have now is a '68... So you have me beat by a couple of years.
Thank you.
Can guarantee its not a good idea for these new plastic vehicles to have a run it with a real automobile.
A lady rear ended me a few years ago. I felt a good bump, her car was totaled crushed in the front like a bug. Nothing wrong with mine except a bit of paint left by her car.

Thank you.
Can guarantee its not a good idea for these new plastic vehicles to have a run it with a real automobile.
A lady rear ended me a few years ago. I felt a good bump, her car was totaled crushed in the front like a bug. Nothing wrong with mine except a bit of paint left by her car.
The wife hit a deer in her Kia couple years ago. Insurance said it was totaled. It was still driveable, just busted plastic and a fender. Fixed it myself in the driveway.
Before and after.
I didn't go all out like Michele and do the paint work myself. I cheated and had a body shop trim out the fender, and then paint it after I installed it. Then I did final assembly after getting it back from the body shop.
tvFuUK4.jpg

1QpgTuF.jpg

The wife hit a deer in her Kia couple years ago. Insurance said it was totaled. It was still driveable, just busted plastic and a fender. Fixed it myself in the driveway.
Before and after.
I didn't go all out like Michele and do the paint work myself. I cheated and had a body shop trim out the fender, and then paint it after I installed it. Then I did final assembly after getting it back from the body shop.
tvFuUK4.jpg

1QpgTuF.jpg
WOW looks like new. Umm did u eat the road kill or was it able to run off unharmed by the plastic

Back