Slide Back Cover Plate Addicts Anonymous

Racer88

Big Kahuna Admin
Staff member
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
These are the slide cover plates or "backplates" I've got that are waiting for the "right" builds!

The first step is admitting you have a problem! ;)

All but one are from Milspin. The DTOM snake (top left) is from NDZ Performance.

Slide-backplates-cover-plates.jpg

All my completed builds have custom back plates.
20230315_210629[1].jpg
20220705_210539[1].jpg

Untitled-11.jpg
20211203_225504.jpg

1689439412856.png
280453914_376384484421504_8249922908059608707_n.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, get on Milspin's email list. They OFTEN have great sales / coupon codes. Usually in the 30 - 40% off range.

How much were the custom made ones where you furnish the image?
And do they make them for the G43?
Uh, NM. $75 fee to do the artwork.

Last edited:
All of mine are stock models. No custom image plates for me... yet! :)

Yes... they make plates for the G43, too. Just find the plate you like, and then click the drop-down list for the model.
1689442467619.png

They often put out 35%+ coupon codes making their stock cover plates very inexpensive (IMO).

They often put out 35%+ coupon codes making their stock cover plates very inexpensive (IMO).
My initial thought was a Distinguished and P100 back plate color filled to match the images in my avatar. Maybe if I win the lottery.

Oops. I left one of them out! I got this one, too.
(stock photo)
1689449878243.png

@Racer88 ,@Michele So, curiosity overwhelms me. The both of you have a strong connection to the Navy. I would have thought that a Navy back plate would be in your collections, if not the first purchase. While there are other 2A/patriotic selections, no Navy?

@Racer88 ,@Michele So, curiosity overwhelms me. The both of you have a strong connection to the Navy. I would have thought that a Navy back plate would be in your collections, if not the first purchase. While there are other 2A/patriotic selections, no Navy?

I just haven't seen anything that was "cool" enough. Just the word "NAVY" isn't that cool.

But... hmmmmmmm.... maybe Milspin could do something with this:

1689505594488.png

And then get a "haze gray" cerakoted slide / frame. With the hull number (CV-62) etched / engraved on the slide. The top of the slide could be the "flight deck." Could do a theme build. Now THAT might be cool.

Last edited:
I was thinking of this one. Too plain?

1689506021966.png

I just haven't seen anything that was "cool" enough. Just the word "NAVY" isn't that cool.

But... hmmmmmmm.... maybe Milspin could do something with this:

View attachment 12448

And then get a "haze gray" cerakoted slide / frame. With the hull number (CV-62) etched / engraved on the slide. The top of the slide could be the "flight deck." Could do a theme build. Now THAT might be cool.
Maybe they'll have a sale some day where they do the custom stuff for less with a coupon code or something...maybe have a drawing and waive the artwork fee so it's more affordable. But as currently priced, you're looking at $100+ for a custom plate.
But yes, your idea for a USS Independence plate is very cool. :cool:

View attachment 12449

That's the rate insignia for a Master Chief (E-9). It would have significance to someone who achieved that rate (aka "rank") in the Navy. And it would not be "cool" for someone who didn't achieve that rate to use it.

That's the rate insignia for a Master Chief (E-9). It would have significance to someone who achieved that rate (aka "rank") in the Navy. And it would not be "cool" for someone who didn't achieve that rate to use it.
Would it not have to have the chevrons and rockers also? Or does the 2 stars make it so?
Edit:
It seems I am confusing rank insignia with rate. My bad.

Last edited:
Would it not have to have the chevrons and rockers also?
On the sleeve, yes.
1689507078328.png

This is the collar or cover device.
1689507029490.png

@Michele's forum avatar is the "device" for Navy Chief.

Last edited:

View attachment 12449
I already have that one …without the master chief stars of course

Anchor no stars chief
One star senior chief
Two stars master chief the highest enlisted rank one can achieve in the Navy.
Three stars Master Chief of the Navy

More power yet- CMC (command master chief) and MCPON (Master chief of Navy) but that’s still a “master chief” billet. They have more responsibility but not pay.
IMG_0167.jpeg

Last edited:
These are the slide cover plates or "backplates" I've got that are waiting for the "right" builds!

The first step is admitting you have a problem! ;)

All but one are from Milspin. The DTOM snake (top left) is from NDZ Performance.

View attachment 12417

All my completed builds have custom back plates.
View attachment 12418View attachment 12420
View attachment 12430View attachment 12424
View attachment 12429View attachment 12419
Very nice! My second PF940C has a cobalt frame with a tungsten slide. It took me months to find a back plate the same color as the slide.
Matches perfect. I was going to have one coated, but was afraid it would be too thick and difficult to install and remove. I forgot where I got it, or how they colored it. The slide is from Heavy Armor Division.

Back