The 2 Best Ways to Grip a Pistol Compared - Warrior Poet Society video

I like WP, but there is a lot to unpack here. I have been working on my grip (for a pistol) šŸ˜ I have a tendency to place my finger across, or over the front of the trigger guard. I have been trying to move it down, and close the grip.

Up to 10 yrds I do pretty well, after that it a vision thing for me. Going to keep working on it, which is the fun I suppose......

Last edited:
You know I haven't.
Speaking as one who no longer can focus on close objects (needs readers), the cool thing about pistol "red dot" (or green) optics is that you can focus on the target and have a sharp dot superimposed on it. No more switching focal planes / focus with your eyes.

There is a bit of a learning / acclimation curve. But, it's worth it.

The Holosun 507 C green dot with 35 moa ring I think it
is anyway, is on my list.

Last edited:
Speaking as one who no longer can focus on close objects (needs readers), the cool thing about pistol "red dot" (or green) optics is that you can focus on the target and have a sharp dot superimposed on it. No more switching focal planes / focus with your eyes.

There is a bit of a learning / acclimation curve. But, it's worth it.
Thanks for the info.

This happened to me just this past year. I had spectacular vision prior and no issues. Now I need readers. So, most of the slides I bought in 2021 were not RMR cut, so I will have to have them cut, or buy different slides. Kinda sucks.

This happened to me just this past year. I had spectacular vision prior and no issues. Now I need readers. So, most of the slides I bought in 2021 were not RMR cut, so I will have to have them cut, or buy different slides. Kinda sucks.
Yep... I had great vision and made it to my 50s before needing readers. Many people only make it to their 40s before needing readers.

I can still shoot decently with (now fuzzy) iron sights. But I can definitely shoot better with target focus and an optic.

So I was misinformed...lol The holosun with the 65 MOA ring...

Racer88 wait until you are close to 70......

Since my accident my vision is crap. The fiber front helps immensely. Can't use dot sights at all anymore.
If you got 1 of those laser bullets. I practice point shooting, well since the 70s lmao. With my glasses I can see the target or the front sight. Without I can see the target/ kinda, a little anyway. But I can hit a silhouette at 25yds all day if I just point a shoot glasses no glasses

Since my accident my vision is crap. The fiber front helps immensely. Can't use dot sights at all anymore.
I don't know what type of vision problem you have, but I need reading glasses. Everything from near my nose to about 3 feet out, is fuzzy and out of focus. After that 3 foot mark, everything is okay. 1.5-2X readers work for me.

So are you saying that something like these Truglo TFO sights below might improve things for me? I have been wondering if they will. I can still see the white dot on standard sights, but it's pretty fuzzy, so I need to address the issue with something. These are approaching $100, so I'm leaning towards getting an optic instead.

( @One Ping Only swears by these things)
Amazon product ASIN B07KQQVGB4
View: https://www.amazon.com/TRUGLO-TFO-Handgun-Sight-Set/dp/B07KQQVGB4

I don't know what type of vision problem you have, but I need reading glasses. Everything from near my nose to about 3 feet out, is fuzzy and out of focus. After that 3 foot mark, everything is okay. 1.5-2X readers work for me.

So are you saying that something like these Truglo TFO sights below might improve things for me? I have been wondering if they will. I can still see the white dot on standard sights, but it's pretty fuzzy, so I need to address the issue with something. These are approaching $100, so I'm leaning towards getting an optic instead.

( @One Ping Only swears by these things)
Amazon product ASIN B07KQQVGB4
View: https://www.amazon.com/TRUGLO-TFO-Handgun-Sight-Set/dp/B07KQQVGB4
I DO like them, as USApat states...but if you want to run RDS along with Irons, you'll have to look elsewhere due to the length of the truglo housing. These suckers do a great job. Here's a pic at near-twilight that will show you how well-lit these are with little ambient light. my iPhone really made it look like there was far more light than actually was there.

IMG_7320.jpeg

These are from a couple of days ago. Two different 940C's, standing, shooting not fast, but as I felt the reset. May have been different ammo as well, don't remember. I noticed I was shooting left at 30 FT with one of them.

20230327_071729.jpg
20230327_071743.jpg

Back