Watch yer ass, mistakes are made. Not happen

Stephen G

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
Ill forgo the WTF and settle in on what.
Q LLC made/makes a cherrybomb in1/2×28 in 30cal & 1 in 9mm.
Ordered the 9mm, got it and me being me checked it.
Since the accident with my Dad and spanking new colt 1911 30 yrs ago. I CHECKED EVERYTHING!!!! I MEAN EVERYTHING!!!!!
Break out the mic and - hmmmm- .34 on exit orifice. Muzzle devices should be around 30 over cal from what I recall. Squeezing 270grs of .357 through a .34 opening at 1010 fps is not what I call fun.
Went on net and found out it comes in 30cal & 9mm. I did not know that before. Not much difference but BIG ENOUGH, or I should say small.
Package contains NO discerning lable other than thread 1/2×28.
Contacted supplier, we will see what they have to say. 🤞

Being excited about my new toy I could of easily just mounted the Cherry on the rifle and it most certainly would of bombed. Damaging rifle,break, suppressor & possibly me or anyone close by.

Check everything, most likely they didnt know. Atleast I would hope they didnt.
Mistake are made.

Finding actual part #s is difficult.
Xqcb 1228 = 30cal
Qqcb 1228 = 35cal /9mm

Last edited:
No cal marking on unit either. No #s or stampings declaring cal or thread pattern, nothing.
Package has only this to ID it. Other side is clear window.
20240313_215647.jpg

#1 cause of baffle strikes. The other close second is the can working its way loose, thus getting out of plumb with the barrel.

The recent rage for brakes and comps has gun enthusiasts who don’t know what a micrometer is buying them. I agree with you the sellers don’t properly educate buyers on matching the device to the caliber. You caught it because you know what you are doing. You, me and others here are in the minority.

Somebody is going to get injured

All it takes is a warehouse guy to grap the wrong part.
Q should definitely label the packaging better, ESPECIALLY if they are producing cals so close in same threads.

Its a nightmare getting things to match up. I try to keep my cals proprietary to prevent any mishaps. But they aint making it easy. Lol

Last edited:
All it takes is a warehouse guy to grap the wrong part.
Q should definitely label the packaging better, ESPECIALLY if they are producing cals so close in same threads.

Its a nightmare getting things to match up. I try to keep my cals proprietary to prevent any mishaps. But they aint making it easy. Lol
I had an AAC can on an AK. Their proprietary 3 lug mount on that can was a PoS and worked its way loose while I was doing a mag dump. Permanently damaged the can. I was @#$%^&* livid. They refused to repair it because it was purchased when Remington owned AAC. I was told the new owners aren't honoring warranty requests for suppressors made before new management took over. That's a big WTF. Never heard of that before. I told the guy on the phone that I hope the new AAC goes out of business a second time. Good bye and fuck you.

So... I found a guy that repairs sealed cans... opens them up, replaces baffles, welds it back up. He came highly recommended. After speaking with him, he advised me to toss it. He said ... what I'm going to charge you is more than a new can, which will probably be better than the one you have. I mentioned that I was willing to pay vs wait for a stamp on a new can. He said his backlog was about 6 months. So it's a no-win situation. Now it's a paperweight. I may cut it open myself now. Nothing to lose.

That sucks. Ive seen some fine print details that state things like "x" mount in x cal voids warranty. But y cal gtg👍👍👍 on a few suppressors. Thats BS & confusing as hell. Unless you go looking for that information its not plainly available most times.
Im liking the Rexsilentium cans & thier No BS warrenty-aka we give 1 chance to be a dumbass no question asked.
Havent had a opportunity to test that- THANK GOD!!! It does give you a warm fuzzy though.
Not sure how that open up thing works, may need to submit paperwork prior. They are a mite touchy about those things.

I was at the range this past sunday. Guy a few lanes away was shooting a suppressed AK. His can must have worked loose, he fired a round and the can flew about 20ft in front of him. RSO called range cold, we walked over to pick it up after checking on him. he, and the gun were fine. one look down the suppressor, I looked at him and said, Well there goes a grand... His heart just sunk. It was his first time shooting it after getting it out of jail..

I'm stuck on the
It was his first time shooting it after getting it out of jail.

in context of using an NFA item as well as a long gun. Assuming it was not felonious time.

People get upset with me because of my beliefs. Firearms is no exception. I firmly believe it should be mandatory to graduate a basic firearms course as part of citizenship. And not that foofoo crap at the local range. Im talking a KNOWLEDGE of firearms at completion.
My childhood was unusual and exceptional, I know. The people I grew up still tell me so. As young as 7 or 8 I was required to disassemble, identify and reassemble ( everything really) a firearm before being allowed to shoot it. Great times with my Dad, despite my weekly word essays, words like fallacious & polysyllabic, definition, origins & used properly in a paragraph ( no 4 word sentences for me Thank you, sister always got off easy🤬lmao) not to mention free lawn & vehicle maintenance for the neighborhood everytime I did something like put a gator in bed with my sister as she slept.
Damn I got derailed somewhere.
🙄anyway I feel we need a education on what a firearm is & why it does what it does. Not the Hollywood hype or the BS its my right to be ignorant & still own a RPG. But thats me.
Its just a tool/machine. Not an object of worship or power.

I feel we need a education on what a firearm is & why it does what it does.
I agree as far as owning or handling one. Perhaps a firearms "card" awarded by passing a test. You lose the card, you have to take the test again--no records are kept.

I feel the same way about vehicle ownership: not only do you have to know how to operate one, you also have to know how one operates and how to do basic repairs and maintenance. Both motorized and unmotorized... ;)

I'm stuck on the

in context of using an NFA item as well as a long gun. Assuming it was not felonious time.
absolutely. That's what I meant. He mentioned he had just recently taken possession of it after waiting for all the legal garbage to clear up.

Back