Product Review Advantage Arms 22LR Mag Mod and Red Dot installed

*from MGB forum*

The 22lr built was for when I take a beginner to the range, but I just love shooting this kit. AA 22lr kit is a picky eater. Lately, I am only feeding CCI mini mag but would like to feed bulk 22lr ammo. I did some reading and found some interesting mod.

How to make your Advantage Arms Glock 22 conversion eat anything

Removed material from magazine lips to help with extraction.
Feedback looks all positive… OH~ I'm gonna have to try this.

8iTTHcr2vBMDAhh6BzgzcMyMDBIzMLnH6tjHm2Sp2FpliHDbvEzPsXE6D8dbFVNSaMPUmqj7nKAFwSO5FQn41FCk1_ejZN25CK1QTQW5aLeQD0eW-oKTDh3Bc5WoERpNMcwuaCuB

How to build a Glock 22lr trainer with a Red dot

Another interesting mod, installing red dot on AA 22lr kit.
Looking into milling AA slides, from all the reading, it is not possible.
Basically not enough material on the AA slide.
Dovetail mount will be the only option.
(Dovetail mount was too tight, had to sand it down a little)

DPP Titanium Dovetail Mount 407K/507K,Shield RMS,Romeo Zero

I compared the weight of some popular RDS.
Went with Crimson Trace CTS only because it was the cheapest.

AA 22LR 19/22 kit assembly weight in at 9.14oz
AA 22LR kit with RDS+Mount weight in at 10.03 oz

EySoYHELihhPwFdIPkvPrcEJzkAaNDgJlpXIrTFEbQlYmWQLksd_oSLMl5yV-5xb41PW8MhRy9gGN9tLPen395bYZWL7ZYiI74wT_u0I616Tdp7cH0t0uT9bWEv_oao3VcvfnU8B

I have CCI mini mag, CCI Standard, Winchester , Norma tac-22 ammo.
AA 22lr kit didn't like Winchester, jammed 50%...
Will see if this mod helps or not.
Maybe window cuts on AA slide will lighten the slide, not even sure if that's good idea or not.

T6FpaNPiVM8ZBxkUnM351PK7yoI6cV-VRu6cD9eE57RVPwbx3AVXgQ9y6fN6WbqvOlTUu6yuwrfLhe-bpzq97vxCvpkhr2OgJ9fgB65doSFXduXCQfJYO51fCAu_n-wFsDVHXxqA

Update: Conversion Kits For Glock - New version has optic cut, threaded barrel, and 15 rd mag

Our MOD series is meant to fit Glock 19/23 Gen4 /Gen 5 and includes two 15 round magazines, a 4.5" threaded barrel, a range bag, and a recessed cut for a variety of red dot* options.

View attachment 6247

Update: Two Tone gradient color attempt on 1776 supply co's crazy $50 frame sale.

SC with Gen 5 Trigger Group with AA 26 Kit

View attachment 5860
I love my AA slide. It's the only semi-auto I can get my wife to shoot. I want to add one to your list of red dots: SOUSA Raid. Botach regularly carries them for $100 (currently out of stock). I have multiple of these on "range-only" guns. If it's a self-defense/go-to-war gun, it gets a better brand of chinesium (Holosun). I've only had a problem with one of them (turning off and on randomly) and the manufacturer promptly sent me a new one (same company that owns CMC).

I love my AA slide. It's the only semi-auto I can get my wife to shoot. I want to add one to your list of red dots: SOUSA Raid. Botach regularly carries them for $100 (currently out of stock). I have multiple of these on "range-only" guns. If it's a self-defense/go-to-war gun, it gets a better brand of chinesium (Holosun). I've only had a problem with one of them (turning off and on randomly) and the manufacturer promptly sent me a new one (same company that owns CMC).
I'm in the same boat, why put an expensive dot on a range toy?

I have some cheap Amazon dot on range toys and they work great.
71pH0Ev5qIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have Riton on my AR22 from Bereli 70 shipped, check it out it is in stock
Riton Optics 1x23 X1 Tactix ARD Red Dot Sight
1671304292960.png

I'm in the same boat, why put an expensive dot on a range toy?

I have some cheap Amazon dot on range toys and they work great.
View attachment 8017

I have Riton on my AR22 from Bereli 70 shipped, check it out it is in stock
Riton Optics 1x23 X1 Tactix ARD Red Dot Sight
View attachment 8016
Have you used Bereli much? They seem to have great prices, but internet chatter about their business practices wasn't favorable. It's made me hesitant. Have you had any issues with them?

Have you used Bereli much? They seem to have great prices, but internet chatter about their business practices wasn't favorable. It's made me hesitant. Have you had any issues with them?
No, not my go to vendor, this is only item from Bereli I purchased. My rule of thumb is if the item are on reddit/gundeal.com I give vendor a chance since it is on sale.

Back