Anybody?

I've been watching the Strike 80 frames too, and have also noticed they have been out of stock for a long time. Is it known if they are stopping manufacturing them? Anyone have some additional knowledge on this?
My understanding is that they were discontinued YEARS ago. Though rumor has it they may come back.

The new (100%) serialized SCT frames (different company) are reportedly very close to the same design.

Last edited:
My understanding is that they were discontinued YEARS ago. Though rumor has it they may come back.

The new (100%) serialized SCT frames (different company) are reportedly very close to the same design.
Ohhhhhhhh okay. Well that makes sense. They look excellent. Bummer though. Thanks for the insight though!

The GST-9 M1 looks soo excellent. The P80 looks good too, but a little more blocky. Are there other 80% frames I'm not yet aware of that I should consider for variety & good looks :cool:???

Strike 80s haven't been around for over a year are longer I think.
I doubt if there coming back any time soon.

If a guy did have one how would he go about selling it?

If it's an UNfinished frame (not drilled or milled), then it's not a gun in most states. And on the federal level it's not a gun. IANAL (I'm not a lawyer), so consult your local laws.

If it's been drilled, milled, and ready to accept parts, then it's a "gun." Local and federal laws applying to selling a gun then apply.

Thanks for joining the forum and participating by posting! When you get a chance, please write up a quick “introduction” (or RE-introduction if you were a former MGB forum member) of yourself over in the Introduce Yourself! section. Tell us about yourself, your building experience, and how you found the forum.

Jump into other threads, too! Come on in... the water's fine! 😊

If it's been drilled, milled, and ready to accept parts, then it's a "gun."
Not a lawyer either but I think if you drill one hole it's a "gun" regardless of whether rails can be put in or not. At least I'd bet the ATF would classify it as such as it was not what they approved as an 80%.

Not a lawyer either but I think if you drill one hole it's a "gun" regardless of whether rails can be put in or not. At least I'd bet the ATF would classify it as such as it was not what they approved as an 80%.
Could be. I don't honestly know... and wouldn't want to find out the hard way.

Here in the Free State of Florida there is a website called www.floridaguntrader.com
You have to join to post or contact the seller if they didn't put a ph. number. Occasionally you can get a deal from there but you have to act fast. Otherwise, there are a lot of "kitchen table dealers" asking near retail for used or accessorized guns. As with most sites like this there is also the potential for spammers and scammers. I don't give my number out to anyone and will contact them with a blocked number.

There is also Armslist but I haven't been there lately so I can't vouch. You'll have to join there as well.

I'd love to have one of those SI g19 clone frames. Bigtime. I have a sneaking suspicion it would nail what I desire in the g19 platform. IIRC, Michele spoke very highly of them many moons ago here on a thread...maybe it was over at PGB.

If it's an UNfinished frame (not drilled or milled), then it's not a gun in most states. And on the federal level it's not a gun. IANAL (I'm not a lawyer), so consult your local laws.

If it's been drilled, milled, and ready to accept parts, then it's a "gun." Local and federal laws applying to selling a gun then apply.

Thanks for joining the forum and participating by posting! When you get a chance, please write up a quick “introduction” (or RE-introduction if you were a former MGB forum member) of yourself over in the Introduce Yourself! section. Tell us about yourself, your building experience, and how you found the forum.

Jump into other threads, too! Come on in... the water's fine! 😊
It is untouched, can it be sold with the jig? Or is that still a “no no”?

I would think you’d be able to sell or “trade” it here. Can’t be too much different than giving away full build kit with jig as I did on here ? Just be sure not to sell it to someone in a state or area that p80s are illegal.
Or try

I would think you’d be able to sell or “trade” it here. Can’t be too much different than giving away full build kit with jig as I did on here ? Just be sure not to sell it to someone in a state or area that p80s are illegal.
Or try

Yeah... I'll admit that I'm a bit lost at this point on the federal laws. You know.... because they're so crystal clear! But be aware of state laws, too.

I am sitting on a few unicorns it seems. I have 3 or 4 Strike 80 frames, (most converted to use Gen 4/5 slides) and I also have an old white 940C frame. The white unicorn is sitting in a display case in my office.

Back