Fake Meat eeewwww !

Yeast has been around naturally since creation. It is found on plants and fruit. To make yeast for bread one simply needs flour and water.
Big beer is out-home micro brew is in.
People need to get back to good clean living, family and God. That would fix a lot of problems.

I grew up on a farm we grew or made nearly everything, including alcoholic beverages. Nothing better than warm mug of turned cider with a dab of butter and cinnamon stick on a cold night. No goop from vats or factory garbage was on our table. I still grow as much as I can on my little plot of land.

Yeast has been around naturally since creation. It is found on plants and fruit. To make yeast for bread one simply needs flour and water.
Big beer is out-home micro brew is in.
People need to get back to good clean living, family and God. That would fix a lot of problems.

I grew up on a farm we grew or made nearly everything, including alcoholic beverages. Nothing better than warm mug of turned cider with a dab of butter and cinnamon stick on a cold night. No goop from vats or factory garbage was on our table. I still grow as much as I can on my little plot of land.
One has to live a very different life to only consume what occurs naturally. I agree with you philosophically. The problem is that aint gonna happen for the majority of humankind. There are too many of us on the big blue marble. Food and what goes into food has to be manufactured at scale or a billion people would die of starvation.

Many pharmaceuticals are synthesized versions of chemicals and compounds that occur naturally. What we call aspirin was discovered 4000 years ago in the bark of certain trees. Nobody wants to eat tree bark to get rid of a headache. Statins became possible after it was discovered a fungus that grows on rice reduces the risk of heart disease.

Is technology a good thing for humankind? In most cases, yes. In some, no. Like everything else in life there are tradeoffs.

I suppose there's a reason why were were gifted with the brains to invent the technological advancements we have developed. Computers, aircraft, bridges, architecture, nuclear power, medicines, space exploration, and on and on. Why are we not still apes? Living in harmony with our environment. Eating berries and bugs.

A simpler life where we grow our own food, forage and hunt sure sounds good but we are well past that option for the majority. But anybody who makes their own yeast and chews willow bark when they get a headache, I'm impressed. :) I've become hooked on modern conveniences like air conditioning, mattresses, modern vehicles and electricity. I could ride a horse, hunt, and grow food to sustain myself if I had to. I've done those sort of things in short spurts, but that doesn't sound like fun to me. I don't long for the cave.

Last edited:
One has to live a very different life to only consume what occurs naturally. I agree with you philosophically. The problem is that aint gonna happen for the majority of humankind. There are too many of us on the big blue marble. Food and what goes into food has to be manufactured at scale or a billion people would die of starvation.

Many pharmaceuticals are synthesized versions of chemicals and compounds that occur naturally. What we call aspirin was discovered 4000 years ago in the bark of certain trees. Nobody wants to eat tree bark to get rid of a headache. Statins became possible after it was discovered a fungus that grows on rice reduces the risk of heart disease.

Is technology a good thing for humankind? In most cases, yes. In some, no. Like everything else in life there are tradeoffs.

I suppose there's a reason why were were gifted with the brains to invent the technological advancements we have developed. Computers, aircraft, bridges, architecture, nuclear power, medicines, space exploration, and on and on. Why are we not still apes? Living in harmony with our environment. Eating berries and bugs.

A simpler life where we grow our own food, forage and hunt sure sounds good but we are well past that option for the majority. But anybody who makes their own yeast and chews willow bark when they get a headache, I'm impressed. :) I've become hooked on modern conveniences like air conditioning, mattresses, modern vehicles and electricity. I could ride a horse, hunt, and grow food to sustain myself if I had to. I've done those sort of things in short spurts, but that doesn't sound like fun to me. I don't long for the cave.

I don't think it's necessarily one or the other (false dichotomy). One can live a "hybrid" life of modern conveniences AND "getting back to nature" as much as practicable. Having SOME connection to nature is a healthy thing... not just physically, but mentally.

I agree with @Michele that much of society has lost its way and could benefit from getting back to some basics. In the last few years, especially... we're being told that up is down... boys are girls... men can be pregnant.... that the gov't has the power to tell us to stay home and shut down our businesses... That someone who didn't get an unproven shot is public enemy #1. People have LOST THEIR FUCKING MINDS.

I will not comply and I will not indulge the DELUSIONS of these INSANE people. I will not eat bugs or synthetic meat (Soylent Green was prescient!), because our "leaders" told us to or that it was "good for us."

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 3.39.48 PM.png

I would eat them in a boat!
And I would eat them with a goat...
And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good so good you see!

But seriously... <somewhat>

On assignment in West Africa many moons ago, I had survival tabs in my kit. Basically are large pills that are packed with essential vitamins and minerals to keep you alive for about a week. Just in case something went sideways. Which was entirely possible. I didnt have to use them, but for obvious reasons I tasted them. Not so bad.

That said, I do enjoy a pre-meal martini and a medium rare steak paired with a nice red. For me, it's all about how it tastes not where it came from. If a bioreactor can produce steak that tastes as good as the ribeye at the 801 Chophouse in Kansas City... I'll eat it.

I insist that my martini be gluten-free.

View attachment 11817

On assignment in West Africa many moons ago, I had survival tabs in my kit. Basically are large pills that are packed with essential vitamins and minerals to keep you alive for about a week. Just in case something went sideways. Which was entirely possible. I didnt have to use them, but for obvious reasons I tasted them. Not so bad.

That said, I do enjoy a pre-meal martini and a medium rare steak paired with a nice red. For me, it's all about how it tastes not where it came from. If a bioreactor can produce steak that tastes as good as the ribeye at the 801 Chophouse in Kansas City... I'll eat it.

You can joke about it if you want to. In what other ways will you comply? You see, this is the problem you present. Partial compliance with tyranny convolutes resistance. Lockstep unity is necessary. A government by the people and for the people must be controlled by the people, not the people controlled by the government.

This is the very serious point you seem to be missing.

THE GOVERNMENT HAS SERIOUSLY OVERSTEPPED IT'S BOUNDS WHEN IT BEGINS TRYING TO DICTATE WHAT THE PEOPLE CAN EAT!

On the lab chicken.
Maybe as soon as one more generation and it will be scientifically proven and accepted by the masses to be better for human consumption.

A fix.
Stop saving everyone with modern medicine until we won't have the requirements for so much modern farming.
Serious testing for human reproduction. Who sets those rules?
Let the human population run down to about half of what it currently is, then learn to live with the earth.

I enjoy the produce of factory farming, would like to see major improvements in fish farming.

You can joke about it if you want to. In what other ways will you comply? You see, this is the problem you present. Partial compliance with tyranny convolutes resistance. Lockstep unity is necessary. A government by the people and for the people must be controlled by the people, not the people controlled by the government.

This is the very serious point you seem to be missing.

THE GOVERNMENT HAS SERIOUSLY OVERSTEPPED IT'S BOUNDS WHEN IT BEGINS TRYING TO DICTATE WHAT THE PEOPLE CAN EAT!
Good luck if you dream of a return to the feudal system occurs. Who are the people you speak of? The majority? Your local government? Bad news for you, brother. "The people" in the majority are crazy and stupid and always have been. You think that's the secret sauce that enables the freedom our founders imagined? Think again.

Some believe that the reason our founders opted for a representative style of government rather than a pure democracy is that the majority are stupid and easily mislead. As it was once said, true democracies often vote themselves into tyranny. Wise men, those founders.

Nobody is making anybody eat anything. I feel certain the government doesn't care if you eat or not. Especially if you are a gun owner. I'm pretty sure those in charge today wish gun owners would stop eating and perish.

The absence of compliance and order that government and the rule of law provides inevitably leads to anarchy. Be careful what you wish for. Because in a society without order, whoever is in charge may decide you aren't a good fit. I've been all over the world and seen first hand what happens when 'the people' are in charge.

It's become fashionable to despise the government when the real problem are the incompetent leaders that 'the people' elect. Liberals get elected because conservatives fail to win a majority. It's really that simple. It's easier to bitch than it is to get involved. This is why we lose.

The funny thing I have observed over the years. Nobody wants the government involved in any aspect of their lives. Until they do.

View attachment 11817

Funny... But... Are you going to eat bugs when the gov't tells us that's what we have to do? You know... the same as most Americans complied with the tyrannical covid shutdowns... without even batting an eye?

And yeah... they've been testing the waters on the bug thing.

It's become fashionable to despise the government when the real problem are the incompetent leaders that 'the people' elect.

I don't despise the gov't. I despise the CITIZENS who blindly comply with the orders of the incompetent and tyrannical elected officials. Those "leaders" have NO POWER, unless WE grant it through blind and willfully ignorant compliance. We saw that in a BIG way over the past three years.

I don't despise the gov't. I despise the CITIZENS who blindly comply with the orders of the incompetent and tyrannical elected officials. Those "leaders" have NO POWER, unless WE grant it through blind and willfully ignorant compliance. We saw that in a BIG way over the past three years.
That we can agree on. But I believe the real problem is indifference. It fuels compliance. Like I said.... It's easier to bitch than it is to get involved. Somewhere around 40-50% of the population doesn't bother to vote. I did some canvassing as a volunteer for the GOP in a couple of elections. Mostly making phone calls. I was shocked at how many outspoken 'conservatives' I spoke with don't bother to vote and don't have a clue what policies the GOP candidates in those elections considered important. Some declared proudly they weren't voting because they didnt like the choices. That is the pinnacle of stupidity. Many of them shared all kinds of vitriol for 'liberals' or Democrats in general. This is why we lose. There are just as many shit for brains conservatives who are all talk just as there are liberals. The common trait they share is stupidity, laziness, and imagining conspiracy.

Funny... But... Are you going to eat bugs when the gov't tells us that's what we have to do? You know... the same as most Americans complied with the tyrannical covid shutdowns... without even batting an eye?

And yeah... they've been testing the waters on the bug thing.
I'd put money on the government not requiring me or anyone else to eat bugs in my lifetime. If people 200 years from now need to eat bugs, I really don't care. Because I'll be dead and bugs will have eaten me long before that.

Lobsters and crabs are bugs. I enjoy eating them. Arthropods. That includes spiders, mites, centipedes, and millipedes. 80 percent of all life on Earth are bugs. It's true some are more palatable than others. The good people of the Louisiana bayou love their mudbugs.

Mexicans have been eating chapulines (grasshoppers) for as long as there have been people in that part of the world. Weird, yes. Weirder than eating lobsters or crabs or raw oysters? Sushi? Not really.

Last edited:
But I believe the real problem is indifference. It fuels compliance.
Absolutely!
It's easier to bitch than it is to get involved.
They don't even bitch. They just went along... blindly. And castigated anyone who dared not to. Ask me how I know.

Some declared proudly they weren't voting because they didnt like the choices. That is the pinnacle of stupidity. Many of them shared all kinds of vitriol for 'liberals' or Democrats in general. This is why we lose.
This drives me nuts, too. Or they say, "It's fixed anyway." Aaaaaaaagh!

There are just as many shit for brains conservatives who are all talk just as there are liberals. The common trait they share is stupidity, laziness, and imagining conspiracy.
For sure.

I'd put money on the government not requiring me or anyone else to eat bugs in my lifetime.
They didn't require everyone to shut down for the covid hysteria... but, the people did without question.

Lobsters and crabs are bugs. I enjoy eating them. Arthropods.
Like me some lobster and stone crab claws, too. Yes... arthropods. :)

That includes spiders, mites, centipedes, and millipedes. 80 percent of all life on Earth are bugs.
But they're a lot more work, since they're so small! ;) Lobsters are BIG bugs.

It's true some are more palatable than others. The good people of the Louisiana bayou love their mudbugs.
I've tried them. I love me some cajun spices. But the crawfish are more work than they're worth. I'll "pinch the tails," but I'm NOT "suckin' da head!" :)

Mexicans have been eating chapulines (grasshoppers) for as long as there have been people in that part of the world. Weird, yes. Weirder than eating lobsters or crabs or raw oysters? Sushi? Not really.

I can't do sushi (sashimi), either. Tried it. Blech! I won't even try grasshoppers, though.

Last edited:
Except they don't taste like meat AT ALL.

I find it rather ironic and self-contradictory how a lot of vegan food is ATTEMPTED to look, taste, and feel like animal-based food.
I wouldn’t know 😂 I not putting that manipulated regurgitated chemical laden crap in my body …double eeeewwwww

Well this has been fun.

It's worth mentioning that there's mounting evidence that too much soy suppresses testosterone and amplifies the small amount of estrogen all men have. This has been connected with causing some men to grow breasts, a.k.a. moobs. So when dinner is sushi, I limit how much edamame I consume. My wife loves it. Maybe that's why she has such a nice figure.

As my Dad used to say, "Eat your meatloaf. It will put hair on your chest." To this day, I hate meatloaf. I even can't stand the smell of it. I'd rather eat a bowl of grasshoppers or rat fricassee. My mother was the worst cook ever. My sister and I played a game called "What is it" every night at dinner time. The challenge was to give an appropriate name to the unrecognizable drek my mother put on the table. There was no reason for this. We were not poor. My father ate whatever was on his plate without complaint. I made friends with kids whose Mom had a talent for cooking and liked having dinner guests. All I had to do was say, "That's a pretty dress, Mrs <insert name here>". Guaranteed invitation to stay for dinner. :)

Adversity teaches us to think on our feet.

Let the human population run down to about half of what it currently is, then learn to live with the earth.

I enjoy the produce of factory farming, would like to see major improvements in fish farming.
I disagree with "half"--I think it is more like a quarter might be sustainable. It will not be possible to "save the world" without major population reduction (ie: genocides)... :unsure:

I am an anti-populationist. I believe in forced sterilization for criminals/those on public assistance, free/mandatory contraception, free voluntary sterilization, assisted suicide, first-term abortion and the (quick) death penalty--no more "life" in prison. That doesn't make me a butcher but a savior! ;) But you will hear NONE of the politicians even talk about population control of any sort when campaigning. :mad: Ask your representative/senator how they feel about eugenics... :D

Some populations have the misfortune to be born into harsh conditions and poverty/starvation--that is just their bad luck... 🤷‍♂️ This is not my problem nor should it be--meaning, I don't want to pay for it by increased taxation. They are irresponsibly reproducing when they should not be. Starvation will be the incentive they need to stop reproducing/limit their population. But Bidet and the rest of the criminals and miscreants in his admin have opened the floodgates and allowed millions of bodies in that will not provide any kind of positive benefit to the US society. MAYBE 10% might have merit/skills that we can use but what about the other 90%? 🙄

Back OT, I think long pig will quickly become fashionable once the (insert villainous country here) pop a few EMPs over the major cities, damaging the electrical grid and affecting food supplies. Widespread and lengthy power outages will ensue. Goods transport will be affected. Supermarkets normally keep about 3 days worth of food which will be looted in hours. Then what? The gov't will NOT be coming to save you...

I'm being "jokingly" apocalyptic here ;) but I've not seen anything lately to indicate civilization isn't going to hell in a hand basket... I'm more concerned with my kid's future and the world they will have to live in... :(

PS: regarding fish farming, I've toured a hydroponic farm in a prison. They had tilapia in a tank and that water was plumbed up into a series of "gutters" with lettuce growing in them. Only the "good" inmates were allowed to work the farm. They had several stages of growth of both the fish and plants.

cheval.jpg meat1.jpg

Last edited:
@Bobster Salmon farms in the northwest have been embroiled in all sorts of controversy. To name a few, fishes with wierd mutations and diseases, and the negative impact on the surrounding environment and marine life in it. Critics have said that seals wont eat those farmed fish. Probably because they are smarter than we are and they know when something doesn't smell right.

This is one reason I don't distrust science figuring out how to produce edible protein. I trust entrepreneurs less. Big corporations can be unethical but unlike bootstrappers who take crazy risks BigCorp, Inc have lawyers who warn them and their board and stockholders about cutting corners or doing things that might land them and their deep pockets in a courtroom.

My dogs like an occasional bit of steak or cheese. Or a little bit of leftover pasta or bite of pizza crust. But every day they eat manufactured kibbles, designed to provide all the nutrition they need to live a healthy, long life. Do I want to eat kibbles made for humans every day? Of course not. But could it do what it's supposed to do and keep one alive and healthy? Yes. A lot of people keep MREs or dehydrated food stashed away in case the apocalypse occurs. The stuff is awful compared to a home cooked meal with fresh ingredients. But it will keep you alive.

The dystopian future we have seen in films may not be as bad as it has been portrayed, but most big cities around the world are already in a state of decline and anarchy. Will a few get blown up in some sort of conflict or by a rogue nation? Probably. I will never again live in a big city or anywhere near one. Most of my life, I did.

Last edited:
Back