Question Has anyone added serial numbers to their builds.

Like CountChocula001 or PostToasties007EssentialVitamins or CapnCrunch88 and so on. I have used electro-etching on razors I have made, and chem etching, but recently I bought a 20w laser engraver and I am spoiling for an excuse and the time to break it in.
80%Bran? ;)

100bran.JPG

What kind of laser?

I didn't laser engrave like most people here. What I did was get a small sewing needle and heated up with a lighter. I then made a series of indents in the frame. I have five sets of holes each corresponds to a digit. I made all of my digits six or less and I did that so I could shape each set of indents like a corresponding side of a dice to a specific number. It's hard to describe, but if I showed you a picture, you would understand exactly what I did.

I only did this to my carry. The rest of my builds are unmarked.

I didn't laser engrave like most people here. What I did was get a small sewing needle and heated up with a lighter. I then made a series of indents in the frame. I have five sets of holes each corresponds to a digit. I made all of my digits six or less and I did that so I could shape each set of indents like a corresponding side of a dice to a specific number. It's hard to describe, but if I showed you a picture, you would understand exactly what I did.

I only did this to my carry. The rest of my builds are unmarked.
Hey there @qvqpvp nice to see ya !!

In Oregon, because measure 114 that was "voted-in" (high cap mag bans and 'đź‘»gun' bans is on-hold on appeal in the courts, the commie pukes slipped-in very quietly a new bill 2005 that was voted on (by the legislature) and signed by our Gov, this new bill/suppository has BANNED the ownership, possession, sales, or trafficking in and out of state of ANY 'unserialized' firearm. This new "law" is said to be enforceable Sept 1, 2024.

https://www.doj.state.or.us/media-h...nblum-đź‘»guns-will-finally-be-banned-in-oregon/

Anybody owning one of these units the law says must serialize their formerly LEGAL builds by a FFL-holding shop or gunsmith.

First offense is a misdemeanor with a 6,XXX fine, and the second offense is a felony.

In Oregon, .... this new bill/suppository has BANNED the ownership, possession, sales, or trafficking in and out of state of ANY 'unserialized' firearm. This new "law" is said to be enforceable Sept 1, 2024.

Anybody owning one of these units the law says must serialize their formerly LEGAL builds by a FFL-holding shop or gunsmith.

First offense is a misdemeanor with a 6,XXX fine, and the second offense is a felony.
Unconstitutional.

In Oregon, because measure 114 that was "voted-in" (high cap mag bans and 'đź‘»gun' bans is on-hold on appeal in the courts, the commie pukes slipped-in very quietly a new bill 2005 that was voted on (by the legislature) and signed by our Gov, this new bill/suppository has BANNED the ownership, possession, sales, or trafficking in and out of state of ANY 'unserialized' firearm. This new "law" is said to be enforceable Sept 1, 2024.

https://www.doj.state.or.us/media-h...nblum-đź‘»guns-will-finally-be-banned-in-oregon/

Sounds like they followed CA with their unconstitutional laws… pack sand communists.

Well, I did etch one P80 (a 940C) with a Glock style alpha-numeric serial number. With HR 777 still alive in the PA legislature, I've hedged my bets a little and have that option in the tool box. It will probably die in the PA Senate, but should it get passed I wanted to have multiple options. Still in discussion with a local FFL about how this might work should the need arise.

I'm not going to give the pricks the satisfaction of confiscating my property. I'll scrap them myself before submitting to that.

Back