Illinois bans 👻guns..

Miltonboro

Patriot Serving Patriots!
Exchange Privileges
Reaction score
That'll make Chicago safe...

https://wgntv.com/news/wgn-news-now/new-illinois-law-restricting-👻guns-to-be-signed/

That'll make Chicago safe...

https://wgntv.com/news/wgn-news-now/new-illinois-law-restricting-👻guns-to-be-signed/
We will see how that works out for them, the city with the most shootings in the United States.
This is just a "Feel Good" thing they did. The Number of Killings are still gonna go up with or without 👻gun and by the way, the guy said that a 16 year had a 👻gun taken off of him. The problem lies with the 16 year old was breaking the law first by having the gun. He is not old enough to have a gun. If this thug had never broke the law in the first place by having the gun, nobody would have got shot.
!0 bucks says that nothing happens to him because he is a minor.
This also happened in a city that has a massive amount of Gun Laws already and we see how well that is working for them.

It’s my observation that the cities with the toughest gun laws are the ones with the most shootings. It’s really not about keeping anyone safe …it’s about control. But this group already knows that, preaching to the choir here.
I agree with your comment 100%.
If the information of all the cities with strictest guns laws that has the most shootings could get out to more people, It would collapse their narrative.
Part of the problem nowadays is the younger generation(s) do not care about their rights and freedoms that people lost their lives for to make sure future generations could have those freedoms.
They are on their phone all day or on a computer and never leave their bedroom. This is what the "Controllers" want, kids playing video games and becoming full time twitch streamers. Kids that don't read books or actually graduate from school. The Controllers want people they can control.
The majority of todays younger generation just really don't care about their rights but if you ground them for a week or take their phone from them they have no Idea what to do with themselves.
We are all Doomed.

Last edited:
How does that make the gun "traceable?" If there's no record (ummmm... registration) of the number in an archive somewhere, how would it be "traceable?" The only way it's traceable is if the serial number is applied to the gun and a RECORD of it with the AFT. Right?
The only way it's traceable is if the serial number is applied to the gun and a RECORD of it with the AFT. Right?
Yep, you are correct. A record with ATF, state or local (FFL) digital record.

I never stated putting a number on your PMF makes it traceable. It doesn’t. It puts a serial number on it. That’s a miraculously transformational process that takes place it so it’s no longer a “👻gun” 😂. That’s what they are asking for as I comprehend the read.

Keep in mind paper & old records have been tossed. So if you think your ol’ 1911 that you kept from service or Glock purchased back in the 90s is on record…it’s not. So thise are not registered …might be 👻gun now too 😱 👻

It is my understanding & perception Illinois has a firearms owner card. Meaning registration of individual firearms is not required. New law say weapons need a number says nothing about registration. BTW, serializing 3d frames is included from what I read.
If I’m wrong…school me whom ever is in the know.

Illinois has something that other states do not have – the F. O. I. D. card. FOID stands for Firearms Owners Identification. This card, issued by the Illinois State Police (ISP), allows citizens to purchase, possess, and transport legal firearms and ammunition. The ISP issue the card after conducting state and federal background checks. Once issued, the card is valid for ten years. Applicants must be Illinois residents and include their Illinois Driver’s License or State ID card number on the application. Applicants under the age of 21 must have a parent’s signature on a notarized form. The parent must have or be eligible to have a FOID card

Last edited:
The only way it's traceable is if the serial number is applied to the gun and a RECORD of it with the AFT. Right?
Yep, you are correct. A record with ATF, state or local (FFL) digital record.

I never stated putting a number on your PMF makes it traceable. It doesn’t. It puts a serial number on it. That’s a miraculously transformational process that takes place it so it’s no longer a “👻gun” 😂. That’s what they are asking for as I comprehend the read.

Keep in mind paper & old records have been tossed. So if you think your ol’ 1911 that you kept from service or Glock purchased back in the 90s is on record…it’s not. So thise are not registered …might be 👻gun now too 😱 👻

It is my understanding & perception Illinois has a firearms owner card. Meaning registration of individual firearms is not required. New law say weapons need a number says nothing about registration. BTW, serializing 3d frames is included from what I read.
If I’m wrong…school me whom ever is in the know.

Illinois has something that other states do not have – the F. O. I. D. card. FOID stands for Firearms Owners Identification. This card, issued by the Illinois State Police (ISP), allows citizens to purchase, possess, and transport legal firearms and ammunition. The ISP issue the card after conducting state and federal background checks. Once issued, the card is valid for ten years. Applicants must be Illinois residents and include their Illinois Driver’s License or State ID card number on the application. Applicants under the age of 21 must have a parent’s signature on a notarized form. The parent must have or be eligible to have a FOID card
The FOID car also applies to ammunition.

FOID card link

I live in a State that is close to Illinois and there was a Gun shop that I used to frequent that was very close to the Illinois border and there were always more Illinisians in the store buying ammo than the resident state.
they didnt need a card to purchase ammo in the bordering state. You just walked up to the counter with your boxes and paid for them and walked out.
The other notable thing that the Illinois residents had stated was that the price of ammo was $5 - $7 a box cheaper, this was when a box of brass case fmj 9mm was $9.99 a box of 50.
Remember those days......

That's my question. I have not read the law (since I don't live in IL). But, it would not make sense if they passed a law requiring a random number on the gun applied by the owner of the gun with no cross-reference to that number in the hands of some authority or central database.

It would be akin to letting car owners crafting their own license plates. It would serve no purpose other than decorative.

That's my question. I have not read the law (since I don't live in IL). But, it would not make sense if they passed a law requiring a random number on the gun applied by the owner of the gun with no cross-reference to that number in the hands of some authority or central database.

It would be akin to letting car owners crafting their own license plates. It would serve no purpose other than decorative.
The way I understand Illinois...gun owner are "registered" via FOID. not individual guns. Maybe the new ghost law changes that but that's not what I read when I looked up the new law that was linked here.

That will make all citizens in Illinois a felon if caught with a P80 product for the 2nd time ..glad I never caught the fever ... !!!

Well Rhode Island did just this. Have to serialize the frame but no registration. MGB had a come to Jesus hour on WW when this happened. He may have even had a special Live for this, don't remember. He said he was going to cut up all his frames 😆, Of course he didn't. He put numbers on them. For what purpose RI did this ??? who knows.

Chicago & crime. Say no more. I'll never live in Illinois. They can have it, and their windy city. pfft.

I feel bad for those who live there.

Chicago & crime. Say no more. I'll never live in Illinois. They can have it, and their windy city. pfft.

I feel bad for those who live there.
Don't feel bad for them, they live there by their choice and I have worked all over the the north east area of Illinois for 37 years and the construction workers are Jags and the rest that live their are Yuppies. Yes, there are still yuppies.
The ONLY reason why I work in their area is because I get almost a $6 dollar an hour raise plus so much peridium for food and gas. If you spend too much time working there you become like them and bring that AssHoleness home with you.

I have some very old guns without #'s on them ,some have been in my family for over 100 years , they can pack sand !

Back