Not 1 deer :(

Argggggggggg, dying over here. Perfect day. Cold front moving in, rainy but not really raining. Temp dropped this afternoon. Im stuck at the house with this stupid dog that keeps stealing my antler cap.
Tried strapping them to his head so I could practice spotting a deer with my new NV. But he bit me :( and isnt talking to me right now. I got tags to fill!!!

I got hit by a drunkdriver awhile back. I can no longer pull my bow back and the concussive wave from firearms is too much most days. Not allowed to drive yet either--Soooooo
Some buddies got me a Crossbow, picked me up drove me out to a spot they set up. Blind and a comfortable chair. Set me out with a cocked crossbow 3days now AND NOT 1 DEER. NOT ONE. What the hell??? Sign everywhere, tree rubs, scrapes all over and not 1 in sight.
Come to think about it we havent been seeing them on the side of the road either in the morning. Normally they are a FREAKING PLAGUE around here.

Anyone have any luck this year yet?
Nothing to do with nothing but u ever look into the compressed air powered arrow shooter guns... Not sure wat else to call them but that might be better than a crossbow

I was looking at them and the 30cal air rifle.
Id like alittle more data/time on them before getting 1. But I really like the idea of them.
So far what Ive read an seen about them, both have given good performance.
On a side note- suppressed rifles dont make my head ring. Soooooooooooo.
I mean WTH Im already " On The List". Dont think 2 or 10 dedicated suppressors in 4 cals and 3 multi- cals couldnt make it any worse.

Right??

Back