Question State of the Nation & World - Are we prepared & ready ?

Don’t think a go bag is enough for a family. Where do you go ? How will you survive ?
My wife carries her own go bag as well. Been considering adding a .22 Pellet rifle to the truck to keep under backseat. As far as how will you survive..... Not 100%. Guess I'd kinda treat it like everything else I have in life and figure it out as I go. Lol. At the end of the day, it's you against the world right ... 😏

Last edited:
Don’t think a go bag is enough for a family. Where do you go ? How will you survive ?

Personally, the concept of the "Bug out bag" or "bugging out" altogether is a fantasy (for most).... unless you have a specific destination. If you have a place (cabin, camp, etc) in the wilderness - ie... own alternative property with shelter... Then maybe a viable plan. Otherwise... Bugging out is a fool's errand. Worse... it may be a suicide mission.

You'll be exposing yourself, literally from all directions, to potential adversaries and attacks... with defenses and provisions limited by what you can carry.

It makes a lot more sense (to me) to "bug in." Stay put. Fortify your existing place and stand firm (and ready). I can have FAR more provisions and defenses if I "bug in." Not limited by what I can carry. I'll be in familiar territory, too.

Racer your plan sounds doable. Are you in a populated area ? What if services get cut off. Do you have a water source, what about food.

We are on a well for water. We have a generator. 500 ga underground propane tank. If I had to, I could manually pump water from the well. Food would depend on what we've got stored up. We are not preppers, though.

In ANY case, I've got more provisions at HOME than I would have "out there." And, with a full tank of gas, "out there" is limited to the range of the car on a single tank. Probably won't be any gas stations on the way. And where would we be going, exactly?? LOL!

"Bugging out" is probably the worst thing we could do. What would we do when surrounded by a mob of "zombies" in the car? We'd be fuuuuuuuuuucked.

I'd rather hole up in my house. If zombies come, we'll pick'em off as necessary. I'd rather be in a house than in a car or on foot.

Nice plane Racer !! Yeah we aren’t “prep” either but have a plan we hope works.
Can you do rabbits or chickens? Easy to get if you notice the need coming down. They grow quick, and reproduce fast. Fish is another option but they don’t grow or reproduce so fast. Chickens are my goto food. They eat everything can live most anywhere, make eggs and new meat to eat.

Any other live foods that anyone can bring up that is a good survival chow ?

PS... If I owned property and a shelter in a remote area, then I might make a run for that.... hopefully with some anticipation BEFORE the SHTF.

Alas... I don't have a "bug out" destination.

Can you do rabbits or chickens?

We don't have any livestock. Not really interested in going down that path... yet. I do see lots of wild bunnies around the house at night. :) But, I would expect that population to dwindle quickly if the SHTF. Where I live, I'd expect most of my neighbors would be hunting the bunnies, too.

Personally, the concept of the "Bug out bag" or "bugging out" altogether is a fantasy (for most).... unless you have a specific destination. If you have a place (cabin, camp, etc) in the wilderness - ie... own alternative property with shelter... Then maybe a viable plan. Otherwise... Bugging out is a fool's errand. Worse... it may be a suicide mission.

You'll be exposing yourself, literally from all directions, to potential adversaries and attacks... with defenses and provisions limited by what you can carry.

It makes a lot more sense (to me) to "bug in." Stay put. Fortify your existing place and stand firm (and ready). I can have FAR more provisions and defenses if I "bug in." Not limited by what I can carry. I'll be in familiar territory, too.
But this is EXACTLY my point. The option to have a "Bug Out bag", vs the choice to have a "Bug In bag" (or closet, basement, whatever) is a PERSONAL choice, without a wrong answer -even the choice to do neither. I look at the psychology of it -if you have a prepped BOb, in an emergency you are more likely to choose to use it, you will, just by human nature, have a bias towards 'seeing' the need for it, even IF a grab-n-go is (as you say) a fool's errand or suicide. On the other hand, if you don't have one and if there is some scenario where you truly DO need to 'get the Hell out of Dodge', you will be fleeing with whatever you can grab at the last minute and stuffing in your pockets. Even the choice to NOT plan ahead has (limited) advantages -if/when the time comes, you are MORE likely to react TO THE ACTUAL SCENARIO, and not drop into some pre-arranged self-programming that might slow responses to actual events that (as most of life does) develop in unforeseeable ways. Remember, life is what happens while we are busy making other plans... So yes, to me each path and everything in between is valid, and PERSONAL.

I have spent some time running different scenarios through my mind, and even discussing them with an intelligent 'sounding-board' that knows my particular situation, knows my limitations and capabilities, knows and understands what 'prep' options are available and their worth, and is able to offer legitimate insights to those options and to my situation specifically as well, which I listen to. Then, I make my own decisions on what (and what NOT) to prep. I am NOT where I want to be, preparedness-wise, I believe it is more an 'evolutionary' plan, as we ourselves are a huge variable that must be re-calculated as we go. As soon as we say 'Done!' we probably just doomed ourselves to making it through only a good handful of specific situations, and set ourselves up for a compromise everywhere else. I will say though, basic first-aid, water, ammo, and at least a few day's food are pretty much essential to have available in SOME aspect or another, and does very little harm in day-to-day life to have ready.

Our Republic is in such a shambles. Our freedoms are not even close to what they were just 10 yrs ago. They get whittled away more each year.

Here in CA it was not all that long ago I walked into a sports store and purchased a pistol as a gift for a friend…no waiting no nothing… paid for it and walked out of the store with it in hand. That sports store doesn’t even have firearms anymore.

I used to be able to call the police to get rid of loitering joe drinking his whiskey under the shade of the park way tree….now they can set up house on my sidewalk if they choose.😠

Voices are stifled more than ever before…news is fake BS, voting ? That’s fixed doesn’t matter much anyway they are all elite politicians. Each side taking turns bilking us out of our hard earned money and freedoms because it’s “the will of the people”. Today’s government has no idea what the will of the people is 😏

People are being lured into new construction high density all inclusive gated housing “habits”. Like rats and gerbils in a cage. Yea !!! The gym is in walking distance…yeah ok, jump on the spinning hamster wheel folks 🙄

Instead of eating healthy home grown/raised foods… people have learned to shovel in fast food and prepared crap from the store along with all the chemicals into their body. Population gets : Pharma pushing weight loss snake oil, all names of so called medications to cure high blood pressure, pain, cholesterol, blood thinners (aka rat poison)🤯, cancer of all kinds is rampant etc…. Get that Covid shot ! 😖

I see no way to push back what’s happening to us, our neighbors, the world. We the people have no chance again the mighty army’s of nations that are puppets of political power. 1000 guns can’t stop a tank. Military takes orders and will do what the CIC demands.

So, what can we do to survive and thrive the future that doesn’t look very bright for us “people” ?
Some of us are ready, some are not. its a jumbled mess. If the whole thing catches fire, its gonna be a lot like Bosnia was.

Well said, Michele. I am frequently reminded of the song, "Silent Running", from Mike and the Mechanics. There will be darker times ahead, and the danger is unprecedented. Our only hope is that people, by nature, are malcontents -no matter what we have, it isn't enough. It is this very aspect that is our lightness and our darkness -without it, we would have been fine living in caves eating mold off the walls, but with it we seem endlessly unhappy and constantly at strife with each other. The positive side is when we can turn it to self-improvement, and wanting to provide more for others (e.g, our children) as well. Eventually, if technological overwatch stifling knowledge, thoughts, ideas, communication and Freedom doesn't destroy us, if chemical lobotomies and self-induced illness and injury don't waste every brain-cell capable of understanding the depths we are sinking into and every hand capable of lifting up a weapon to fight it off, then no matter how far 'they' push us down, people will some day rise back up. I believe civilization is cyclical -I truly hope that the end of this one isn't running down upon us now, but I have been watching the trends for decades, and have a hard time believing we can pull out of the death-spiral wrecking our society. Eventually, everything washes down the drain.

What can we do? Family, and Community, are the only tools strong enough to overcome the tide of evil, greed, and corruption we are faced with. Unity the only thing strong enough to fight tyranny.

In the mean-time, staying alive, both in body AND in spirit, will be our key to seeing, if not for ourselves but future generations, brighter days beyond the turmoil we face now. "Teach your children quietly, for someday sons and daughters will Rise Up, and fight where we stood still."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddi2TBnzdPo

i literally was just listening to this song today, because something in the back of my mind thought of how much it reminded me of today.

We're both vets, but I disagree with this.

First... the military will NOT necessarily follow orders. This is a myth, IMO. As an officer, my oath was to defend the Constitution. NOTHING ELSE. There was nothing in my oath about following orders. It was my DUTY to NOT obey unlawful or unconstitutional orders.

Secondly... officers are not going to order an attack on the citizens of their own country. It wouldn't be long before those citizens hunted down the families of those officers. Those 1000 guns won't be needed to stop a tank. Those 1000 guns will be used for something else entirely.

Gadaffi and Hussein and Ceaucescu, all had the military at their command. Yet the people hunted down those tyrannical dictators... literally. None of them survived. Gaddafi was hunted down, had a sharpened stick rammed up his ass (literally), killed, and then dragged through the streets like a trophy.

The U.S. military will never be used against the citizens of the United States. Ever. First, for all the reasons above. Also because of the Posse Comitatus Act.

I hope I'm right about the U.S. military. If I'm wrong, it would be very messy.

But, I understand your increasing frustration with the erosion of Rights... especially in Kalifornia. The state's natural beauty is virtually unsurpassed. But, I could never live there (again). It's sad what the progressives have done to that state and others... like Oregon and Washington.
My concern is the way the US Mil is being politicized and filtering out patriots and replacing them with Yes Men Communists. McRaven. McChrystal. Milley. The SEAL Leadership. Vindman. So many others. I think a huge portion of the US Mil WOULD BE HAPPY to fire on fellow Americans, but a huge portion of the US Mil would not, and it would fracture and some units would side with us, We The People. It would be very very messy.

My concern is the way the US Mil is being politicized and filtering out patriots and replacing them with Yes Men Communists. McRaven. McChrystal. Milley. The SEAL Leadership. Vindman. So many others. I think a huge portion of the US Mil WOULD BE HAPPY to fire on fellow Americans, but a huge portion of the US Mil would not, and it would fracture and some units would side with us, We The People. It would be very very messy.
I think the same. I’ve see videos of service members ranting about wanting to bust down doors in the USA…crazy stuff.

Won’t be US military attacking us if it ever comes to that.
Will be paid foreign mercenaries who didn’t take an oath, never heard of the constitution and flat out don’t give a shit.

The latest state totals on active duty, reserve forces and civilian employees for each branch of the military. There were a total of 1.195 million active-duty military and more than 778,000 reserve forces according to September 2021 data from the Department of Defense

add in the 800 to 900k in the US police force.

If everyone of them started a door to door, we the people will have a little bit of time to think about the next course of action.
Not taking into consideration 1/3rd to half or more of the military and police won't fire on US.

Ok here’s another senecio I think about… are you ready, preparing ?

They don’t have to fire upon the people. They already proved they can scare the population into submission we just went through 2 yrs of a test lock down. Some still don their face hankies 🙄. There are some elders I know that are still scared as hell. Will not congratulate with anyone outside the house old, gets groceries delivered 😯 We were all locked down/ jailed…the whole world 😳. That’s population control on a huge scale. What about …what the government did to our Japanese community, citizens, locked em all up..was there a shot fired ?? IDK 🤷‍♀️

Scared people do strange things.
Got toilet paper ? Ever look at an alternative for that ?

Shipping still isn’t restored
Store shelves MT of some food stuffs and goods.
Fake shortages - fuel, water, automobile lots

Ok think about this…. Water shortage and drought
What the heck ??? The world is covered in water…3/4 water !!! 😂
Instead of wasting our taxes on global warming (AKA Natural climate cycle that’s been occurring since the birth of out plant ) how bout use the oceans to supply water to the nation. Sorry, I’m going way off topic here. 🫠

Last edited:
The mass of the population will roll over once the food shelves are empty.
Don't really want to imagine what the streets would look like once people start getting hungry. I mean real hunger not the I haven't had a meal for a week hunger.
Once the suburbs are exploited and they start wondering into the county scavenging the more rural homes.
Might look more like a scene from the walking dead at that point, but those hungry zombies will be smarter and faster.

That is depicted in the novel "Unintended Consequences".

Ok here’s another senecio I think about… are you ready, preparing ?

They don’t have to fire upon the people. They already proved they can scare the population into submission we just went through 2 yrs of a test lock down. Some still don their face hankies 🙄. There are some elders I know that are still scared as hell. Will not congratulate with anyone outside the house old, gets groceries delivered 😯 We were all locked down/ jailed…the whole world 😳. That’s population control on a huge scale. What about …what the government did to our Japanese community, citizens, locked em all up..was there a shot fired ?? IDK 🤷‍♀️

Scared people do strange things.
Got toilet paper ? Ever look at an alternative for that ?

Shipping still isn’t restored
Store shelves MT of some food stuffs and goods.
Fake shortages - fuel, water, automobile lots

Ok think about this…. Water shortage and drought
What the heck ??? The world is covered in water…3/4 water !!! 😂
Instead of wasting our taxes on global warming (AKA Natural climate cycle that’s been occurring since the birth of out plant ) how bout use the oceans to supply water to the nation. Sorry, I’m going way off topic here. 🫠

Toilet paper? Pffft

1662747327473.gif

Back