Tool List (MGB)

stg1usnret

Reaction score
MGB used to post links for tools he used in the videos (ie: dremel bits, sanding blocks, etc) is there a comprehensive list online for a reference?

No, I have a list of all the tools with links on google docs. MGB asked us to put the list together shortly before he shut down. @bapegg & @LadyNRed helped get it together. It is not completely organized yet, that was my part. I’ve procrastinated on getting it done. I will try to complete it in the near future and post it here.

In the mean time…is there particular tools from a video you are interested in. I’ll copy them here for you

BTW, welcome to the community. Check in and introduce yourself sir. (Edit) sorry. Just noticed you’re a working squid not an officer. 😁

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I'm looking for the bits used for channels and in the g43 build. I would appreciate it very much Chief. By the way I retired from the Navy 23 years ago and recently retired for the second time. Just looking for something constructive to do in all my free time (hint of sarcasm).

I’m updating MGBs videos I put on here. I’ve put most of them on odysee. The vids with bold text have the tools listed with links just like MGB originally had his. I’m adding more to odysee as I get credits to upload. I only have a few left to finish the p80 build series. The 43 is the next one I’m going to do

When that’s done I’ll put up the 2 sig videos then shorty tops cropped from WWs.

Here’s the parts for that video
PF SS9 Duel Build parts

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I'm looking for the bits used for channels and in the g43 build. I would appreciate it very much Chief. By the way I retired from the Navy 23 years ago and recently retired for the second time. Just looking for something constructive to do in all my free time (hint of sarcasm).
Funny thing, there is so many things to do after retirement. Not enough time in the day to do everything I want. Congrats on the double dip 🇺🇸. Hope your getting that concurrent VA/DFAS. If not keep working on it ☺️

I love this place!
My wife is jealous cuz I spend more time here than with her 😅😂🤣

Since MGB shut down, this is the best place for the info I need.
I tried to help on Facebook & Reddit after the shutdown. With my usual short answer or link to the solution. Man~ what a waste of my time.

Half won't even go to a link for an answer/solution before commenting I was trolling.
The other half would give their anecdotical evidence as fact or flat out give dangerous advice.

Bending cruciform with heat was the worst. someone would continue to comment "use heat" to do it.

I gave up and stop engaging.

I’m updating MGBs videos I put on here. I’ve put most of them on odysee. The vids with bold text have the tools listed with links just like MGB originally had his. I’m adding more to odysee as I get credits to upload. I only have a few left to finish the p80 build series. The 43 is the next one I’m going to do

When that’s done I’ll put up the 2 sig videos then shorty tops cropped from WWs.

Here’s the parts for that video
PF SS9 Duel Build parts

Thank you!

didnt see channel removal in the list so added one.

Last edited:
when I looked on amazon it was out of stock. funny thing, when i searched for a fret cutter amazon recommended that most people buy gun building tools at the same time. i guess lots of people are watching the videos.

Last edited:
I got this cutter by Stanley on Amazon a few months ago (looks to be in stock right now). Seemed to work ok on clipping the side pieces. Almost had a heart attack when trying to use it for the channel on the G17 and watched the posts start to move. I've since used the dremel router bit on a complete build as well. The router bit works great as far as removal but it does throw debris around a bit. Next time around I'll likely nip the side pieces and then finish with the router bit and use router for most of the channel clearing.

Back