Tool List (MGB)

I got this cutter by Stanley on Amazon a few months ago (looks to be in stock right now). Seemed to work ok on clipping the side pieces. Almost had a heart attack when trying to use it for the channel on the G17 and watched the posts start to move. I've since used the dremel router bit on a complete build as well. The router bit works great as far as removal but it does throw debris around a bit. Next time around I'll likely nip the side pieces and then finish with the router bit and use router for most of the channel clearing.

I just start with a dremel in the channel. No nippers. I take it (very carefully) to within about a millimeter of the outline and then go to sanding (with micro-sander). After that... rubber points.

I've retired my fret cutters / nippers... after my first experience with the tabs.

Last edited:
1658346777221.png

Amazon product ASIN B07S8WRYH4
View: https://www.amazon.com/Double-Cut-Carbide-Rotary-Burr/dp/B07S8WRYH4/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1A857XA5DKDNY&keywords=dremel+drill+bits+for+plastic&qid=1658346563&sprefix=dremel+drill+bits+for+plastic%2Caps%2C104&sr=8-10to remove the polymer in the channel and some stuff on the freedom wolf frame
that burr set worked for me.
go on the lowest speed setting possible.

That looks promising. I don't have a set of those yet. Thanks!

it was around $12 on amazon

Back