WOTD (watch of the day) Thread. Post yours!

Here's the one that started it all, thanks to you Racer88! After I bought a blue Duro, I found Ali Express and really went down the rabbit hole...don't tell my wife!
IMG_4610.JPG

Here's the one that started it all, thanks to you Racer88! After I bought a blue Duro, I found Ali Express and really went down the rabbit hole...don't tell my wife!
View attachment 11667
The Duro is a great watch and fantastic value. Fifty bucks! I've got three of 'em!
1686679058793.png

Have you looked at the watches on Ali Express? Lot's a fakes, but some good no name brands too, I'll start posting up some of my faves as I wear them.

Have you looked at the watches on Ali Express? Lot's a fakes, but some good no name brands too, I'll start posting up some of my faves as I wear them.

I've never even looked at Ali Express. From what I've heard... it's a Chinese "Amazon" that is full of "merchants" with dubious practices. So, I've steered clear. I won't even go look.

But, please DO post in this thread! I'm in here all by myself! LOL

I've never even looked at Ali Express. From what I've heard... it's a Chinese "Amazon" that is full of "merchants" with dubious practices. So, I've steered clear. I won't even go look.

But, please DO post in this thread! I'm in here all by myself! LOL
Yeah, basically an Amazon with private merchants, I've made "a few" purchases and never been burned, but I use paypal for the transactions just in case. Most of the watches I bought are $30 or less including shc, so not a big risk either. They sell everything and some of it is just crazy!

My WOTD: Casio Lineage

1686684831100.png

Another sub $30 Ali Express special, Zeppelin 100 Jahre nice little quartz Chrono w/ the 24 hour sub dial so you know if it's 7am or 7pm ;-) The band is also from Ali, red, distressed waxed leather and it's not too bad.

zep.jpg

I wore the Hamilton Pulsar remake today:
1686784559677.png

Red Bull F1 Edition from Ali, no idea what the right sub dial does, it moves on it's own w/out the chrono working.
tag.jpg

no idea what the right sub dial does, it moves on it's own w/out the chrono working.

If it's constantly ticking... I suspect it's the "small seconds" dial. One revolution per minute?

Or maybe the bottom sub-dial is the "small seconds?" If so, I don't know what the one on the right is.

In the real-deal watch, the 3:00 subdial is the running "small seconds." The 6:00 subdial is 1/10th of a second for the chrono. And the 9:00 subdial is the minutes for the chrono.
1686880182244.png

Last edited:
If it's constantly ticking... I suspect it's the "small seconds" dial. One revolution per minute?

Or maybe the bottom sub-dial is the "small seconds?" If so, I don't know what the one on the right is.

In the real-deal watch, the 3:00 subdial is the running "small seconds." The 6:00 subdial is 1/10th of a second for the chrono. And the 9:00 subdial is the minutes for the chrono.
Lord only knows what the Chinese did! The right sub dial could be counting hours, but it's still moving even when the chrono features aren't. Bottom sub dial is the small seconds constantly moving and left sub is minutes for the chrono. I keep the large chrono second hand stopped because two moving second hands just throws me off.

Casio W800H. I have an ugly china velcro band but it's fits a little better than the stock band since I'm between hole sizes

Attachments

• 20230628_154252.jpg
    20230628_154252.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Another Casio man! :cool:
For only a year now. Due to my career, I couldn't wear jewelery for the longest time. But things changed. I broke out my fossil from Jr high/1997 then realized I couldn't see the three smaller dials anymore do now I'm back to digital..... Usually.

For only a year now. Due to my career, I couldn't wear jewelery for the longest time. But things changed. I broke out my fossil from Jr high/1997 then realized I couldn't see the three smaller dials anymore do now I'm back to digital..... Usually.
Today's watch.... "vintage" Casio G-Shock.
1687986627382.png

This has been my usual weekend watch since I obtained it a couple months ago.

Attachments

• 20230630_140609.jpg
    20230630_140609.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
Back