Does anyone carry one of their builds?

"These posers predictably trash new guns because negative stories get more attention."
Yep, trolling for clicks. Using Sensationalism. The hype draws them in like a bad headline during the Hearst (and others) days of "yellow journalism".
I look for reviews from magazines written that I can find online, and even then, I go with my gut. You can sort much of the garbage out like that.

"Also, a poor carpenter always blames his tools."
Such a broad application there- far beyond carpentry.
I have been a G&A reader for decades. They are of course beholding to advertisers like any print media. Their reviews are a little restrained but for the most part thorough and honest. G&A have other publications that are topic-specific like handguns or precision shooting and also feature gear. I really don't need someone else to review a gun for me. I do that myself for the most part. Other times I may ask someone I know and trust. Historically, I spend enough at my local ranges where I can ask the owner to get a gun they don't have so I can take a look. If you don't ask, you do not receive! I've rarely been turned down once I became a known quantity to the business owner.

I am intentionally far less busy now. I busted my ass for years so I could kick back early and enjoy doing nothing while I was still young and fit enough to enjoy it. Now, like the song goes... I have t-t-t-t too much time on my hands.

I have been a G&A reader for decades. They are of course beholding to advertisers like any print media. Their reviews are a little restrained but for the most part thorough and honest. G&A have other publications that are topic-specific like handguns or precision shooting and also feature gear. I really don't need someone else to review a gun for me. I do that myself for the most part. Other times I may ask someone I know and trust. Historically, I spend enough at my local ranges where I can ask the owner to get a gun they don't have so I can take a look. If you don't ask, you do not receive! I've rarely been turned down once I became a known quantity to the business owner.

I am intentionally far less busy now. I busted my ass for years so I could kick back early and enjoy doing nothing while I was still young and fit enough to enjoy it. Now, like the song goes... I have t-t-t-t too much time on my hands.
G&A…I grew up with that and the NRA magazine. Both give decent reviews, IMO.

Too much time on may hands?? lol…

Back to the P938…we have a 2014 2-tone ambi Blackwood grips model from my deceased FIL (which means no lifetime warranty now as the original owner is gone). It is one of the V1 models and never had the mainspring housing and sear spring duo upgraded to V2 parts. Those are notorious for failure. The until looks near-mint, if not as-new; and has likely had less than 50 rounds put through it.
I’m thinking of swapping-out those trouble parts, maybe a few springs, and grabbing one of those SIG slides with the FT BULLSEYE sight that sits virtually flush with the slide (sits in a milled pocket) with no iron sights, and nice dehorned rounded edges for a very svelte carry unit….or flipping it for something else. I suppose we don’t have to worry about nullifying the warranty (by making any changes) due to I’m not the original owner so it has no warranty anymore. Hmmm. It’s such a great sized sidearm. Shoots very well.

G&A…I grew up with that and the NRA magazine. Both give decent reviews, IMO.

Too much time on may hands?? lol…
Sittin on a bar stool
Talkin like a damn fool
Got the 12 o clock news blues

I got thousands of friends
And the fun never ends
That is as long as I’m buying

:)

Back to the P938…we have a 2014 2-tone ambi Blackwood grips model from my deceased FIL (which means no lifetime warranty now as the original owner is gone). It is one of the V1 models and never had the mainspring housing and sear spring duo upgraded to V2 parts. Those are notorious for failure. The until looks near-mint, if not as-new; and has likely had less than 50 rounds put through it.
I’m thinking of swapping-out those trouble parts, maybe a few springs, and grabbing one of those SIG slides with the FT BULLSEYE sight that sits virtually flush with the slide (sits in a milled pocket) with no iron sights, and nice dehorned rounded edges for a very svelte carry unit….or flipping it for something else. I suppose we don’t have to worry about nullifying the warranty (by making any changes) due to I’m not the original owner so it has no warranty anymore. Hmmm. It’s such a great sized sidearm. Shoots very well.
I have a hard time letting go of a good gun. Sig sold a lot of those so they aren’t rare. I’d have at it and do the upgrade. The small Sigs and Rugers are the ideal pocket gun - for those times when your clothes make your regular edc difficult to conceal.

Thanks BL. You helped me make an executive decision. Lol. I’ll equip it as noted above and keep it.

I do also have a S&W 2214 that’s mint, 2 mags and only had a box or less of shells through it. It’s a bit more of a rarity, and will find a new home for that one, as well as a few other odds and ends.

Last edited:
JCinPA- I’ve taken your OP off into the weeds. My apologies. If need be I’ll start a new thread to continue my current chatter

Thanks BL. You helped me make an executive decision. Lol. I’ll equip it as noted above and keep it.

I do also have a S&W 2214 that’s mint, 2 mags and only had a box or less of shells through it. It’s a bit more of a rarity, and will find a new home for that one, as well as a few other odds and ends.
That mainspring install on the 938 can be a real PITA. I couldn't get the Hogue upgrade for that to work without doing some fitting.

That mainspring install on the 938 can be a real PITA. I couldn't get the Hogue upgrade for that to work without doing some fitting.
Right. I can get the SIG replacement parts as well, that are more “drop-in”. Just would have the polymer housing than the nifty Hogue metal upgrade. The Hogue piece is a bit oversized, no? It’s not their spring that’s the issue regarding fitment, iirc.

Back