Does anyone carry one of their builds?

How so? What are your concerns? Is it state laws?
I should have made it a reply to the previous post. Betting you get one juror hold out is like playing Kino. Which everybody in Las Vegas knows is the biggest sucker game going. Maybe I should have said it's unwise to play an inside straight.

I'm not qualified to interpret law. I am law abiding even when I don't like or agree with it because I have no desire to earn a criminal record or go to prison. I agree with some of the other posts that suggest a gun with certain modifications could increase the risk of prosecution. Especially where the justification for the shooting is being questioned. Everything I've read about what not to do with a gun you carry seems logical. As in don't modify triggers or use exotic ammunition that is designed to be more lethal.

My point of view may be overly conservative. I'm not an expert on the subject but remain confident my standard Glock is plenty lethal the way it is and effective in allowing me to protect myself. I purchased all Glock parts for my Polymer 80 but don't carry it.

Again I live in florida a very red area. Me carrying mine is by no means me saying to do it. When they talk about mods being a deciding factor their mostly talking about things like my buddy's dust cover that says f*ck around on 1 side and found out on the other. The prosecution would say he was just waiting to shoot someone. Some lawyers say it's not a good idea to go to hard-core defensive training...again the same reason your training to kill someone. Are you going to stop training because there are different views on why you train... no... I have a bunch of buddies who get together and train for different situations. The best bet is to carry a med kit and at least 1 tourniquet. Then your out to save someone even if you shot them. Also keep a lawyer retained... make sure he'll drop everything if you're in a self defense situation to come be by your side and call them before you call 911 so they can come talk for you. Iknow that's a hard find.

Also keep a lawyer retained... make sure he'll drop everything if you're in a self defense situation to come be by your side and call them before you call 911 so they can come talk for you.
I agree with all except this ^^^

I say (though I am not a lawyer)... Call 911 first. Tell them the situation and then HANG UP. Then call your attorney.

By most standards I'm doing everything wrong. Red dot, practice and post times, Western Gothic holsters that include a skull, lights lasers etc.
I'm setting myself up to neutralize threats as safely and efficiently as I can. Whatever that threat my be.

I agree with all except this ^^^

I say (though I am not a lawyer)... Call 911 first. Tell them the situation and then HANG UP. Then call your attorney.
Just what my attorney says because he can talk and call 911 for me and say the proper things where I might make a statement in a way that could be perceived in a way not conducive to my best interest and it's always best not to talk to police or dispatch because it can and will be used against you in court or by police my attorney also says to ask to go to the hospital if a defensive situation ever occurs and make no statement to anyone about it. Just what my attorney says... seek out your own advise from your own attorney!

Last edited:
Just what my attorney says because he can talk and call 911 for me and say the proper things where I might make a statement in a way that could be perceived in a way not conducive to my best interest and it's always best not to talk to police or dispatch because it can and will be used against you in court or by police my attorney also says to ask to go to the hospital if a defensive situation ever occurs and make no statement to anyone about it. Just what my attorney says... seek out your own advise from your own attorney!
Agreed. Cops only know the law enough to know how to get you in trouble.

Agreed. Cops only know the law enough to know how to get you in trouble.
The duty of the police is not to clear you of any wrongdoing.
Their job is to determine if a crime has taken place.
The easiest way is to start with the assumption you’re in the wrong.
Guilty until proven innocent applies to a court of law, doesn’t stop you from being held with a bond high enough that you can’t pay.

The duty of the police is not to clear you of any wrongdoing.
Their job is to determine if a crime has taken place.
The easiest way is to start with the assumption you’re in the wrong.
Guilty until proven innocent applies to a court of law, doesn’t stop you from being held with a bond high enough that you can’t pay.
SSSTFU if humanly possible. They aren't on our side.

Just to be clear, while I am in favor of, and do respect all LEO's, I stand where I stand in not trusting them. Yes, Respecting someone's position, and trusting that someone are completely different worlds. I do personally feel law enforcement officers should have some sort of Law Related schooling. Not just a high school diploma and not be a felon. While it does suck that they are underpaid, and I do agree it is definitely a problem, I'm also on the side of, Minimum pay for minimum skills.

Police-Academy-Training-Hours.jpg

A majority of Cosmo is on-the-job.
No sir.
1702063790376.png

It's not "on the job" at all... any more than clinical training is "on the job" for doctors. A portion is "service training," which is also known as "practical training" or "hands-on training." But it's not at a job, nor are they being paid for it.

Certainly a portion of Police Academy training is outside the classroom, as well.

The point being: We could easily argue that police academy training would seem to be disproportionately short or perhaps inadequate.

Last edited:
I should have made it a reply to the previous post. Betting you get one juror hold out is like playing Kino. Which everybody in Las Vegas knows is the biggest sucker game going. Maybe I should have said it's unwise to play an inside straight.

I'm not qualified to interpret law. I am law abiding even when I don't like or agree with it because I have no desire to earn a criminal record or go to prison. I agree with some of the other posts that suggest a gun with certain modifications could increase the risk of prosecution. Especially where the justification for the shooting is being questioned. Everything I've read about what not to do with a gun you carry seems logical. As in don't modify triggers or use exotic ammunition that is designed to be more lethal.

My point of view may be overly conservative. I'm not an expert on the subject but remain confident my standard Glock is plenty lethal the way it is and effective in allowing me to protect myself. I purchased all Glock parts for my Polymer 80 but don't carry it.

I’d prefer to carry my stock Dagger than a $500+ custom build. It would be a lot easier to loose the Dagger should it get confiscated.

Last edited:
"610 service training hours" > .5x "1200 Total Hours" so I'd call that a majority of "OTJ" training, albeit slim... :D By OTJ I mean actual skills development semantically speaking... ;)

I don't have access to VSO's actual curriculum but just to get IN to the academy you have to pass the PAT (pdf below).

Then, to be considered, you have to get a job as an "Academy Recruit" and not wash out. LINK They routinely run through various neighborhoods in Volusia County as part of their PT. To progress to deputy they have to take a BAT and/or be a veteran and/or have an Associate's Degree. Pearson BAT FDLE BAT.

The point I'm making is that just about ANYBODY has the mental and physical capabilities to cut hair or paint nails (I don't mean to disparage licensed Cosmotologists). Fortunately, FL has a stringent licensing program with training requirements to make sure those things are done safely and proper health standards.

BUT to become a sworn sheriff or police officer, the requirements are far more difficult from the start and go well beyond basic gun-handling and marksmanship skills.

That said, a Cosmo with some White Rain hair spray and a potato launcher could be quite effective! :D

Attachments

• PHYSICAL-ABILITIES-TEST.pdf
    90.2 KB · Views: 29
One of my favorite TV programs is FIRST 48 on A&E.
I can binge watch it for days.
“We just want to talk, hear your side of the story”.
That’s a hard NO.
They’re handing you a rope and it’s up to you to either hang yourself or make a pretty bow.
Don’t even try.
Even as a hardened criminal you’re not in that situation every day, let alone as a ‘normal’ citizen and that creates a very skewed gradient.
You can tell the experienced career criminals, they’ll state they want a lawyer.
There are plenty of examples where a somewhat dubious shooting was determined to be a crime in the very first interview.

Last edited:
Back