PSA is kinda pissing me off with the Micro Dagger

My PMFs are a toy, jewelry, hobby, and fun diversion. I seek to make them as functional, accurate and reliable as anything else I own. The only gun I ever sold was a Glock 27. I couldn't get through a range session without a malfunction. It got better after 500 rounds but by that point, I had no confidence in it.

If I was minding my own business and something went down and the closet firearm was a PMF, I would not hesitate to use it. If I am selecting a gun before leaving the house, I'm taking something unmodified, serialized and purchased through a dealer. My small collection of concealed carry guns have earned my trust and my PMFs don't do anything better than they do.

As far as the Micro Dagger slide, I really like the look of it. I'm going to shoot the single stack and see how it goes. If I like it, I'll spring for the slide if and when it goes on sale. I waited 6 months for the Dagger X slide to go on sale, almost gave up on waiting, but for one day it was $20 off and I grabbed one. Those slides must be popular because they go in and out of stock and are rarely on sale.

My Kahr MK9 Elite is one of my all-time favorites in the small 9 category. A really well built all-metal pistol.
I can shoot a hundred rounds in the PM9 in one session and it is comfortable. I was shocked at how nice it was being plastic and all. Maybe a Micro Dagger could dethrone it? Double the round count would be nice.

The only gun I ever sold was a Glock 27. I couldn't get through a range session without a malfunction. It got better after 500 rounds but by that point, I had no confidence in it.
Interesting. My Gen 3 Glock 27 has literally never had a malfunction with at least a couple thousand rounds through it.

Interesting. My Gen 3 Glock 27 has literally never had a malfunction with at least a couple thousand rounds through it.
It was when the G27 first came out. I understand these first ones were problematic. It soured me on Glock but I always respected the simplicity of the Glock. I also had a personal problem with the grip angle that I couldn't get over. When I saw the P80 with a "better" grip angle and Glock parts, well, here I am.

Just got the mags today. I'll shoot them this weekend and see how they do.
Just looking down inside with the follower depressed, I don't see any obvious roughness.
I ordered two. One with the slick coating and the other regular. 29 bucks on sale seems pricey but if they work well it's not out of range

What were you carrying before the 27?
I didn't have a CC license before the G27. I bought it when I got a CCW. I grew up on revolvers and 1911 grip angled pistols. The slight grip angle change has me instictively pointing them high.

If all I shot were Glocks, I would quickly adapt. I like too many other guns and Glocks are nothing but a tool to me. I have a pile of hammers, some where highly reviewed and supposed to be better. I bought them, tried them, hated them. I use them to break up concrete and other non nailing tasks. I have my favorite hammer and use it 99% of the time.

I don't hate the Glock, I just have more favorite tools in the tool box. Many Glock fans cannot understand this.

I ordered two. One with the slick coating and the other regular. 29 bucks on sale seems pricey but if they work well it's not out of range
Let us know how these mags perform for you. I'm going try some myself in my 48. Interested to see if they are good enough to bet my life on. I'm not holding my breath though.

I prefer factory Glock mags for everything that'll take 'em (Shadow Systems, P80s, KRISS Vector, etc.), but I'm willing to give these a shot.

I didn't have a CC license before the G27. I bought it when I got a CCW. I grew up on revolvers and 1911 grip angled pistols. The slight grip angle change has me instictively pointing them high.

If all I shot were Glocks, I would quickly adapt. I like too many other guns and Glocks are nothing but a tool to me. I have a pile of hammers, some where highly reviewed and supposed to be better. I bought them, tried them, hated them. I use them to break up concrete and other non nailing tasks. I have my favorite hammer and use it 99% of the time.

I don't hate the Glock, I just have more favorite tools in the tool box. Many Glock fans cannot understand this.
One of my favorite topics when I have nothing else to do!

The 1911 grip is about 18 degrees offset. Glocks are 22 degrees off square.

True, it can be difficult to move from one gun to another. Revolvers are a whole 'nuther thing. They are all over the place grip-wise, depending on which maker.

This thing about Glock grip angle.... people bitch about it almost as much as they do about Sleepy Joe Biden. Walther and HK are nearly identical to the Glock in that regard. Yet nobody complains. I think mostly because those guns cost a lot more than a Glock :). Also, the Ruger MKs, Lugers, Thompson Contender, Olympic-class target pistols like Hammerli and even the Japanese Nambu have a similar grip angle. A few are more offset than the Glock. In short, some of the best, most accurate guns in the world do not conform to the 1911 grip design.

A guy on another forum I abandoned was always ripping on Glock. He was mainly a 1911 fan but said he loved Walthers. He heaped praise on the Walther design and bitched incessantly about the grip angle on Glocks. Go figure.

The Glock was purposely designed to get the hand as close to the bore axis as possible to minimize recoil. See pic. Glock on the left. Sig on the right. I don't recall if the one in the middle is a Ruger or S&W M&P. The follow-up shot using a duty pistol is pretty important. So mitigating recoil/muzzle flip is kind of a big deal. Especially with a lightweight polymer frame.
Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 8.25.44 AM.png

What I always suggest when hearing about the grip angle on a Glock being a problem I ask why their wrist can't move four degrees to align the sights. Then they start talking about the cheap sights on Glocks. :)

Last edited:
One of my favorite topics when I have nothing else to do!

The 1911 grip is about 18 degrees offset. Glocks are 22 degrees off square.

True, it can be difficult to move from one gun to another. Revolvers are a whole 'nuther thing. They are all over the place grip-wise, depending on which maker.

This thing about Glock grip angle.... people bitch about it almost as much as they do about Sleepy Joe Biden. Walther and HK are nearly identical to the Glock in that regard. Yet nobody complains. I think mostly because those guns cost a lot more than a Glock :). Also, the Ruger MKs, Lugers, Thompson Contender, Olympic-class target pistols like Hammerli and even the Japanese Nambu have a similar grip angle. A few are more offset than the Glock. In short, some of the best, most accurate guns in the world do not conform to the 1911 grip design.

A guy on another forum I abandoned was always ripping on Glock. He was mainly a 1911 fan but said he loved Walthers. He heaped praise on the Walther design and bitched incessantly about the grip angle on Glocks. Go figure.

The Glock was purposely designed to get the hand as close to the bore axis as possible to minimize recoil. See pic. Glock on the left. Sig in the right. The follow-up shot using a duty pistol is pretty important.
View attachment 13267
What I always suggest when hearing about the grip angle on a Glock being a problem I ask why their wrist can't move four degrees to align the sights. Then they start talking about the cheap sights on Glocks. :)

I've also been perpetually puzzled by the "grip angle issue."

Just me, but it makes ZERO difference for me. I pick up a pistol... I shoot it... I hit the target. Any pistol. If I'm using and aligning the sights, the sight picture is EXACTLY the same regardless of grip angle. Then it's a matter of the fundamentals.

Now... might it make a difference in point / instinctive shooting? I suppose it might if we were point shooting for bullseye / score. But for defensive type shooting - a fist sized group at COM at normal defensive distances... zero difference, again. I just don't see it or experience any difference in results.

I guess I'm not "sensitive" to grip angle.

One thing I know for sure is that any dislike of a Glock will be harshly dealt with on the internet. The Glock grip angle is scientifically more ergonomic and better. None of that matters if you instinctively don't point it well.

I have extensive training in pistol shooting including range time, scenario based simulations, psychology and physiology of shooting situation. The simulations were intense enough that when ask how many shots you think you fired almost everyone was off by 2x to 3x. In close, I shoot instinctively and don't bother with sights. More than most people, I know how I am going to perform under stress. No amount of internet back and forth will change the 4 degree up cant I see when I shoot a Glock. Given a second or two for sight alignment, I have no problems. When a half a second is the difference between dead and alive, I want that half second in my favor.

I'm not a Glock guy and love my 1911s and Sigs, but have shot a few Glocks (G17, G19, G43X. . .), but seems I can easily adapt to the change in grip angle on the fly. YMMV 🤔

One thing I know for sure is that any dislike of a Glock will be harshly dealt with on the internet. The Glock grip angle is scientifically more ergonomic and better. None of that matters if you instinctively don't point it well.

I have extensive training in pistol shooting including range time, scenario based simulations, psychology and physiology of shooting situation. The simulations were intense enough that when ask how many shots you think you fired almost everyone was off by 2x to 3x. In close, I shoot instinctively and don't bother with sights. More than most people, I know how I am going to perform under stress. No amount of internet back and forth will change the 4 degree up cant I see when I shoot a Glock. Given a second or two for sight alignment, I have no problems. When a half a second is the difference between dead and alive, I want that half second in my favor.
FWIW, I've taken multiple "threat-focused" (aka instinctive shooting) courses... with both a factory Glock and more recently my P80 EDC (PFC9). And I've done countless practice rounds with point shooting with both platforms. No difference in results. But, of course, that is an example of one. Just me. As they say... "YMMV."

Last edited:
I hate meatloaf. The sight or smell of it cooking makes me lose my appetite. There are some very good reasons for this. It's like that viral video of a bear who refused to eat a Big Mac. There's just something in my brain that suggests meatloaf is bad. I don't dwell on it. I have nothing against whoever invented meatloaf. I just don't eat it.

I've participated in quite a lot of defensive and offensive firearm training. Some of the best instructors anywhere. I don't know about the psychology and physiology of shooting situations, but having actually shot people who were shooting at me was far more educational than any simulation I've experienced.

Last edited:
Sounds like you passed the final exam with flying colors.

You would probably eat a little meatloaf if there were nothing else to eat. Just enough to get you to some real food. I remember a farmer's wife saying that the only time she got under her fingernails clean was after making meatloaf. Kind of avoided it ever since.

Nobody knows how they will react to a situation until they are in it for real. Simulations give you a taste and a chance to eliminate bad habits. When the lead is coming at you, the more training you have, the more likely you are to do more things right than wrong. I landed a plane on a carrier in a simulator before doing it for real. Very different when there is a chance of getting dead.

I still have a pulse. As far as I know.

As they say (whoever they are): "You can only rise to the level of your training".

The rest is sheer luck. Which is often not in your favor. As the wise and great philosopher Donald Rumsfeld once said, "There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say, we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know."

Sheer profundity. After reading those words, suddenly... I was able to free my mind and make sense of the world.

Luck is a finite satchel of valuable coins. Use them wisely. Practice for the knowns. Learn about all the known unknown before it is a problem. The pool of unknown unknowns gets smaller and smaller as you gain more knowledge. When something really off the wall goes down, you have a huge pool of knowledge and skills to make rapid choices that usually make it a non issue. If none of that works, pray you didn't use all your luck coins on stupid shit.

Finally got to shoot the G43X with the PSA mags. Put 250 rounds through the gun this session. Need to tweak the rear sight to the right a wee bit. Gun is shooting to the left a couple of inches.
Short answer, no issues. Mags work flawlessly, even when loaded to the 15 shots and putting #16 in the barrel. I was worried there would be too much drag on the slide, but it cycled every time.

I loaded all the mags to 14 rounds when I first bought them. Couldn't get the 15th round in. Let them sit for a week and then #15 would go in. Getting the last two rounds in is pretty tough without a mag loading tool of some kind. Even with the factory Glock tool that came with the pistol, it's hard to get those last two in.
Bought a tool that works much better than the factory Glock item. Will do a review here shortly.

Back