What's the Future for P80 w/ Founder & CEO Loren Kelly | SHOT Show 2023

The way I figure it, the first pistol will be ok, the second better, and the third awesome. Then I'll take the first one apart and make it better.

With 80 percent AR lowers, the first one I used a jig and a simple drill press. It worked fine when finished but I am OCD and hated the roughness of the cut in the trigger pocket. Even though the gun ran fine and nobody was ever going to see it, it bugged me. My second AR project used the same drill press and jig, but I purchased a good cross-slide vice that enabled more precise cuts. It turned out pretty good. Then I transitioned to a small Grizzly vertical mill to make my last one. The lower looked like factory-made by a CNC inside. So I destroyed the first lower I made and forgot it ever existed.

That would be Michel (no e at the end). 😛
True, but it could be a confused Frenchman. Or heaven forbid, a French Canadian. They are all born to be contrarian.

But I will gladly accept that PGB's @Michele is a woman and an accomplished gun builder. In my short time here she has already been so helpful!

Last edited:
But I will gladly accept that PGB's @Michele is a woman and an accomplished gun builder. In my short time here she has already been so helpful!

@Michele is a treasure! :) Very cool person with serious mechanical and artistic chops! We are lucky to have her here!

And she's a retired Navy Chief. That's a big deal. For those that weren't in the Navy, Chiefs (E-7 ~ E-9 rank) are the people that REALLY make the Navy work.

I was an officer, and I quickly learned that Chiefs are a tremendous resource and to be respected. It helps that my first and best friend in the Navy was a "Mustang" who went from E-1 to E-7 (Chief) and then to officer as an O-1 and retired as an O-6!

@Michele is a treasure! :) Very cool person with serious mechanical and artistic chops! We are lucky to have her here!

And she's a retired Navy Chief. That's a big deal. For those that weren't in the Navy, Chiefs (E-7 ~ E-9 rank) are the people that REALLY make the Navy work.

I was an officer, and I quickly learned that Chiefs are a tremendous resource and to be respected. It helps that my first and best friend in the Navy was a "Mustang" who went from E-1 to E-7 (Chief) and then to officer as an O-1 and retired as an O-6!
Indeed that is all true and I am not surprised at all re: your former rank and experience or Michele's. My father was a WWII ('42-'45 Pacific) and Korean War Navy vet. He remained in USN service for 12 years. I took a different path, but later in life spent a lot of time on MSC ships. The appeal of being at sea must be genetic.

In case you are wondering, my 'different path' was breaking with the family military tradition. I worked for the State Department. FSO. Wore a lot of different hats from then until now. Life's an adventure. Now I don't do much of anything for a living and enjoy that status thoroughly.

I took a little French in school. So a little French lesson. There is masculine words and feminine words.
Masculine words rarely if ever end in e
Female words nearly always end in e
I believe Spanish is similar.

La balle (bullet) is feminine
Le pistoet (pistol) is masculine

So…
Michel = male
Michele = female

What’s funny bout the whole thing is I am not one bit French, I’m a Polack

I took a little French in school. So a little French lesson. There is masculine words and feminine words.
Masculine words rarely if ever end in e
Female words nearly always end in e
I believe Spanish is similar.

La balle (bullet) is feminine
Le pistoet (pistol) is masculine

So…
Michel = male
Michele = female

What’s funny bout the whole thing is I am not one bit French, I’m a Polack
I apparently just read poorly lol ironically my wife who didn't understand my obsession with building ... went to shot show with us and now .... I'm sourcing parts for her first second and third as well as an ar ... .and she wants my last sig 80% mup1 too ...This is going to be expensive.

Back